Chapter 3

Adrien's POV

How did Marinette get so low that Hawkmoth got her to do work for him? Did I really do something wrong that allowed this to happen? I did kinda prevent her from finding somewhere to hide. But surely that couldn't be the reason for it, right?

Hopping across Paris, I landed outside her parents bakery and handed her to them. I explained to them about what happened, and they thanked me. The only reason I went after her is because Hawkmoth got to her. Soon, I would be over her, right?

I detransformed and Plagg flew into my hand, "You had to fight the love of your life!"

"I'm not sure about that. But it was too easy, and I fear that she could be akumatized again." I replied, looking at my kwami.

"Adrien, you do realize that you will eventually will end up together, right?"

"What if she wasn't who I expected?"

"You are different beneath the mask, too."

"Yeah, but she's a nobody and I am a celebrity."

"Does that really matter? You would day dream over this girl every day and now that you know who she is, you don't want her? She is the same person!"

I thought about what Plagg said, "But she's not the same person."

Plagg sighed, "You are a lost cause, Adrien."

Walking back to school, I saw Gorilla waiting for me in the car. Opening the door, I sat down and Gorilla drove off towards home. When I got home, Father was waiting for me on the steps of the mansion. Great, I am going to guess that he wants to 'talk'.

"Adrien, we need to talk." My father spoke.

"Yes, father." I replied.

He turned away and walked back into the mansion, presumably to his office. Once he went back inside the house, I walked up the stairs and opened the door. His office was up the stairs and to the right, and that is where I went. Knocking gently, I was beckoned in.

"Adrien, may I ask why you have been lacking on your studies. A C+ is a terrible grade; a disgrace." Father asked, looking me keenly in the eyes.

"It was a pop quiz, Father. There was no warning, so I had no time to prepare or study for it." I replied, trying to explain the reason to my stubborn father,

"Hm. I see. You can leave now."

I got up and walked to the door, making sure to close it gently behind me. From there, I walked to my room and threw myself on my bed. Plague yelled from beneath me and flew out.

"Hey kid!" Plagg yelled.

"Sorry, Plagg. Today has been rough."

"Well, you better sulk it up because you have patrol later with Ladybug, okay? Besides, knowing who she is shouldn't stop you from saving Paris. In fact, we still need to get your father miraculous and give it back to the Guardian."

"I suppose we do. Why didn't we?"

"Because you got caught up in who Ladybug was that you forgot. And because of your mental state, you let another akuma happen."

I sighed, knowing that Plagg was right. Maybe he was right for the first time, too. This confused me greatly, yet, I knew what I was doing. How could I grab a miraculous without the person knowing. I don't really know. Maybe he takes it off while he sleeps? No, that would make it too obvious. Maybe he hides it somewhere when he goes to bed?

"Plagg, you are right. I am an idoit." I subdued, looking to my kwami. 

"Good. Now, I am starving."

I chucked a piece of Camembert, and he ate the cheese down quickly. Plague is such a pig sometimes, but it was worth it because he helped me transform. But now? I don't even know. I had cognitive dissonance, and my thoughts didn't want to agree on anything. Sucks for me, I guess.

"Maybe I should apologize." I sighed, not thinking that Plagg would hear.

"I don't care."

"Plagg, Claws Out!"