Chapter 2

"Sam! I'm home!" I yell to my roommate, who I live with, when I got home. She comes running in there.

"Cindy!!" She laughs running into my arms. I drop my purse in the process. Sam was so stupid. She was twenty one and she still did that every day. And I always let her. She was stupid but I had to love her. Brody and Sam were two of my best friends. I laugh at her.

"Your so stupid." I tell her.

"I know." She laughs too. I push her off of me and walk into the kitchen.

"What do you want for dinner?" I ask her jumping up on the counter. She jumps up beside me.

"Pizza?" She asked me.

"Sure. You want to go out or make it here?"

"Hey, how about I make it here and you go out on a date with Brody. It is Saturday night after all. And you don't have work until Monday." She points out.

"Thanks Sam." I say gratefully and give her a hug. Then, I jump off the counter and go to get ready.

An hour and a half later, I'm ready. I have on a short black dress that goes a few inches above my knees. Then, I have black heels on, a black bracelet, and a black necklace. Yeah, I know, I'm in love with black. I grab my phone and walk downstairs, as I hear the doorbell. I see Brody and Sam standing there talking.

"Hey babe." He smiles at me giving me a kiss on the cheek. I smile back at him. "Ready to go?" I nod my head and say goodbye to Sam. And we head out the door.

Ding! I hear Brody's phone go off. He looks at it intently. He smiles at me sheepishly. I cock an eyebrow at him. "What's wrong?"

"Babe, I'm so sorry. But, I really have an emergency. I have to go." He give me sad smile.

"What happened?" I ask him.

"Uh... I-my mom uh broke her hip?" It comes out as a question. I look at him curiously.

"Just tell me the truth Brody."

"That is the truth. Bye babe. I really am sorry." He kisses me only the lips roughly. And long. He breaks the kiss and leaves. I walk back up my driveway, near to tears. He ditched me. I hear his car pull away in the distance. I wonder what he really had to do. He had to do something he didn't want me knowing about. But, I intended to find out what it was.

"Cindy, what are you doing here?" Sam asked as I walk through the door.

"Brody ditched me." I mumble taking off my heels.

"I'm sorry. Want some pizza?" She hands me a plate. I smile at her gratefully. Maybe tonight won't be so bad. I'll have a little best friend time.

A/N:

Hey guys! Chapter 2! How did you like it? What do you think Brody's secret is? Love y'all! Bye!!! (: