Welcome to Vault 59

This story was made by Haz Tz, and all trademarks are owned by Bethesda.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

              Vault 59, the vault in our neighborhood, was funded from our taxes and was built for the purpose of our protection. Our whole neighborhood evacuated to the vault 2 days before the bombs fell. Everyone is required to bring a small amount of items with personal value, but no clothing.
       Please excuse my manners, my name is George Nariz. I was, an Engineer at General Atomics for 5 years and then Robco for 3 years. I mainly worked on the robots, I repaired them when they failed their testing phase or broke down. I was trained to work on reactor cores and robots at my college, expensive but a useful career path.
       Anyways when the whole neighborhood was waiting for 59 to open there seemed to be a tough security team. I saw that they had 2 Sentry bots on standby mode on both sides of the vault door, you could say they were prepared for the future.
       I had forgotten how many people were in the neighborhood, there seemed to be tons. I then saw one of the Vault Security Guards grab a megaphone. The Guard had a different badge on his uniform, this badge was different from the others and signified that he was the head of security. He pushed the button on the side, and started talking.
        "ATTENTION FUTURE VAULT DWELLERS!" He  said. Immediately everyone quieted down. "We are glad to welcome you to vault 59! Please proceed in an orderly fashion and listen to all the staff. Orientation will begin when everyone is situated inside." All of a sudden the huge titanium door started to open, there were alarms, and flashing, spinning lights.
            The door was pulled in by the robotic arm and moved inside the vault. "Everyone in!" Said the head of security. I didn't recall there being lots of children in the neighborhood, but there were some and they looked a bit worried. I was a bit worried too, with every day the resource war was becoming more and more tense. Once I got inside, after waiting around 10 minutes, I met the first person to greet me.
         "Hello, welcome home sir! My name is Janet Cloues, here is your vault suit. Remember it is mandatory you put this on." Said Janet Cloues. There were some guides taking groups of dwellers around the vault and showing them to their rooms. I waited until another tour guide came along.
        "Hello everyone, I'm going to give you a tour of the vault and then give you the keys to your rooms." This tour guide was a blue and yellow Mr. Handy, with a very friendly tone might I add. "You may call me VAR4 (Vault-Tec Assistant Robot)" said VAR4.
           We followed the friendly robot to the dining area. "Three meals are served each day, The meal times are 7:30am-9am, 12:30am-3pm, and 6:30pm-8pm." VAR4 looked back at us and said "We grow our own produce here and have loads of sugar bombs and anything else you might crave!." The VAR turned and exited the dining area and proceeded down the hall, leading us to the Water Purification room. "Vault-Tec staff and engineers are the only ones allowed in there and the Reactor room" said VAR4.
      VAR4 then exited the maintenance wing, which contains the Reactor/ the purifier. He guided us to the classroom and told us this is were the children would learn and take the G.O.A.T. A woman from the group asked what the G.O.A.T was. VAR4 then said "Ma'm, the G.O.A.T or Otherwise known as the Generalized Occupation Aptitude Test, is designed to see where each dweller should be placed for work in the vault.
         Usually when a child turns sixteen they will be required to take this test." The lady nodded. "Oh that reminds me, you all will get your Pip-Boys and have your jobs given to you tomorrow." Said VAR4, who then proceeded to the nursery. He told us that the infants are safe here at night with one of the several VARs.
          Next he showed us the clinic, and said if we got hurt or sick to go there. After he was done explaining that he sped along to the living quarters. "Now these are the living quarters, please be sure to follow the curfew rules. You cannot be out past 10pm and out earlier than 7:30am, unless your job requires that you are. Now here are your keys to your living quarters, if you forget them somewhere come to me or another Staff member who will goto Overseer Kevin and retrieve a key and unlock your door."
          He gave out the keys as he was talking. "After you unpack your things and get dressed you should report to the Meeting room as soon as possible. The meeting room is at the end of this hallway. Thank you for choosing vault-tec and also thank you for letting me be your tour guide! Have a great rest of your day, and if you have any questions please come to me or another staff member. Cya at the meeting."    
            VAR4 then headed for the meeting room, I grabbed my things and moved them into my new room. My new quarters was better than my old apartment. My quarters had a memory foam bed, bathroom, desk, terminal, tv, and more. Only thing that it was missing was a kitchen, which was down a couple of halls in the dining area. After I put my clothing away in my dresser, I checked out the terminal. It was one of the newer models. And looked to be right out of the box, except for the fact that it had a Vault-Tec logo in the top left and my name in the top right. After I inspected the terminal I went in to use my bathroom. While using it I pondered on the thought that our taxes and some of the government's money paid for something useful for once.
            After I was done I smiled in the mirror while washing my hands. I put on my vault jumpsuit and looked in the mirror. "A fresh start" I said as I looked at my vault suit. I walked out and noticed something I didn't notice when putting my clothes away. There was a unique bobble head on my dresser, it was a female and holding a wrench. I thought it was neat that they gave me this.
          I had forgotten I had to report to the Meeting room, so I quickly walked through my door with my key in my vault suit pocket. As I made my way towards the meeting room, I over heard a conversation of two dwellers talking about the vault. "What if this doesn't protect us? What will we do to survive? What..." I tried not to make it obvious that I was eavesdropping. The man interrupted her and reassured her that they'd be safe.
      "Don't worry honey, we are protected by a strong security force who are equipped with top of the line guns and armor. We have robots that are equipped for battle and don't forget a titanium Vault door that will protect us from any intruders and the bombs."
       I arrived at the meeting room, and the lady from earlier, Janet was greeting again. "Hello again" she said, "Take a seat anywhere and try to get to know your neighbors better if you haven't already."  "Okay, thank you." I said with a somewhat nervous tone. On my left there was a blonde girl with blue eyes, I admit she is pretty but she has a husband, I'm sure.
        On my right there was a man, I thought I had seen before but couldn't confirm it, who had a goatee and a Afro like hairstyle. I introduced myself to him, while waiting for the meeting to start. "Hello my name is George, I think I've seen you somewhere." "Hi George, my name is Bob, You may have seen me in my garden planting vegetables." Said Bob. 'I think I may have Bob.' As we were talking, our attention drew to the front of the room. A man with Dirty-Blondish hair walked up to the front of the room, with two guards on each side of him.