Sick of Your Shit

Edgar slices at me with his massive talons. I avoid his attack with ease. He strikes with rage, there's no skill or finesse to his blows, just rage.

No more songs, now there is only PUBLICATION.

Edgar! Stop this madness!

Yes, madness. There is no reasoning with madness.

Edgar! I swear to pen, I gonna beat the shit outta you! I've tried to be calm, but I'm about sick of it! Let's just fight. Right here, right now. You and me.

So be it.

He lunges once more, I avoid his attack.

Hey, do you really want this?

He bites at me with his massive jaw, I narrowly escape his teeth.

I counter, knocking out some teeth.

You know you can't defeat me like this.

I am strong. Of course I can!

Physicaly, yes, but what about emotionally?

I tap the side of my head.

What about here?

What do you mean?

I'm gonna try something here. A little flirty, so, take that as you will.

Yes!

Sour? Have you been listening in?

...

I've been reading it, just in case.

Fine, whatever.

Edgar, look, what's the point of being strong alone? I mean, at this point, what are you even strong for?

I...

I mean, can you protect Gen like this? Also, what about me? Didn't you make me with the intention of a ship? What about that?

I...

Don't do this Edgar. Just put the pen down, just long enough to change back. Do it for Gen, or me, whichever.

No, not like this. Gen will get hurt.

What are you doing?

Get out of my head! Get out! Out! Out I say!

You fool! You'll be weak!

I'll still be stronger than you!

Prove it. Right now!

I'm back in my own soul, my true... no. My other half stands before me.

It slashes at me, I grab the massive nails, and snap that like toothpick, and shove them down the bastard's throat, watching as he chokes on his own blood.

You are I demon! I am a demon! We are a demon!

I chuckle. I crouch so I can look him in the eye.

When did I say I wasn't? My role hasn't changed. For now, I'll just play along.

I return to my true form.

Edgar! Are you OK?

Yeah, I'm fine. Sorry about that. Listien, I know you wanna talk about... that, but can I just sit down for a moment? Just, collect my thoughts?

Sure.

Great. We'll talk next chapter.