Avalanche

Don't do something stupid, even for a little five minuets because it ruins your whole 24 hours.

I know this, because I've been through it, many many times. Yet, up in till now time I haven't understood.

I kept doing wrong, and told myself I'd stop, but I never put any action into stopping. I just kept doing the same mistake over and over again.

I thought it wad fun, and what's the harm? I kept getting closer to that line every time I got away. And next I relsied it, I was far past it. And no matter how many times I apologized it means nothing until I stopped what I was apologizing for and turned around.

*

I thought I could get away with it, but one day it all caught up to me. Like a snowball rolling down a hill, it got bigger and bigger every time I did something wrong. And I'd done so much that an avalanche was racing twords me.

And I had to pay for all of it, at one time.

The night I came home, I didn't want to tell my mother. I thought "I'll just tell her tomorrow. " but secrets are like glass shards, the longer you keep them in, the deeper they dig.

It had gotten so deep, and heavy that I looked to her for help. I spilled it all out, I expected a punishment, for her to yell, do something.

When my mother was a kid, she was innocent, seemed as if she did everything write. And when she did do something wrong. She came to her mother and told her, and she didn't need to. But like me, she couldn't take it.

And I wanted to be like that, so I told her, even when I could have told her another time. I felt like I was hiding it from her, and spilled it all out.

I asked her, "Mom, if you do things bad but apologize and ask God to forgive you, is it still wrong. "
She said "Well, it's still wrong, and you might still have to pay for it. But if you apologized and asked God to forgive you, then you don't have to feel guilty anymore. 1 Peter 2:24 says; " He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed."

*

I told her all of it, and she listened and wasn't mad, disappointed, but not angry.

I asked if she was mad she said,  "I'm not mad, I'm disappointed in you. When you say your a Christian, and don't live like it. People will ask 'what the difference between you and me? ' and there won't be if you aren't acting as a Christian. So why would they want to be a Christian? "
She paused.
"But I'm happy you came and told me."

If you did something, even if it doesn't involve someone, you'll need help.

If a hurricane hits a house and it has no supports how it it going to stand?

And how are you going to survive it the hurricane hits you?

"Therefore thus says the Lord GOD, "Behold, I am laying in Zion a stone, a tested stone, A costly cornerstone for the foundation, firmly placed. He who believes in it will not be disturbed."
~Isiah 28:16

 (24)“Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock. (25)And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock. (27) And everyone who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. (27) And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell."
~Mathew 7:24-37

We need our foundation, our support, weather that's in God, Family, both. Our support should be in God, but we our suppose to find discipleship in one another and lean on each other. Sometimes God puts people on the world to help others. And In this case my mom was there to be my support when the storm came crashing in.

You only have (about) 82 years on this earth, are you going to use one of those to turn around?

~~•~~
Hey,
Hope you liked it.
Remember what It said.

Please don't write anything rude, and if you have any questions message me on my account. :)

Sincerely,
Jessie👣❤