Chapter 8

*Ricky's POV*

"Stay with me, Maze!" I yelled putting her on the table in the main room, Ryan put the I.V. in her hand and an oxygen mask on her, "We don't have time. Chris needs to get here soon or she will die." Ryan said, I nod, "But Ryan..." "We're not strong enough to do this Ricky! She will die! All of us don't want that to happen. Keep your hand on her and send waves to her." Ryan interrupted, I nod and put my hand on her stomach.

Her skin so cold and pale, lips purple, dark purple circles around her eyes like she hasn't slept in days. All that's on her body is her underwear and bra. Bruises on her ribs and jaw, cuts on her stomach, chest, arms, legs and one on her cheek and a small cut on her neck.

She's so beautiful even if she's beat up. God Chris is the luckiest guy. Come on Maze you have to stay with us.

"We're here." Chris said coming into the room with Ghost, Balz, and Vinny, "What happened?" Chris asked, "She lost consciousness when we were running back here." I said, "Chris we have to hurry or she won't make it." Ryan said, Chris nods and puts his hand on her neck and gently kissed her.

Everyone put their hands on Maze. Her body felt different, like an electric wave, a shock, a vibrating feeling. Chris sank his teeth in Mazes neck. A tear escaped my eye. I wiped it away before anyone could see it.

Come on Maze. You're my best friend. I can't imagine a world without you here with us. I love you Maze, you're like my little sister. Keep trying Maze, you can't die on us, we need you. Don't leave me! Maze I know you can hear me.

Chris spit the disease into the same jar. He wiped the blood from his mouth with his sleeve. Her skin isn't getting warmer, its not turning to its natural color, in fact she's now ice and dead white.

"What's going on?" Chris asked putting his hand on her neck, "She's supposed to be normal." He added. I looked at Ryan, his head hung down, "No, no, no. Maze baby stay with me. Wake up Maze." Chris said with sadness in his voice. I pulled out my syringe with my vemon in it and looked at Ryan again, "Come on baby wake up. Please. You can't leave me." Chris cried.

He doesn't cry. Not even for his own mother's death.

Chris sank his vangs into her neck again. Her viens turned green but then turned back to blue. I poked the needle through the I.V bag. Ryan looked at me with the look of 'you did a good thing.'

"Keep your hands on her. Nobody takes their hands off until she's awake, understand?" I asked, everyone nods, I put my other hand on Chris's shoulder, "We'll get her back, no matter what." I said, he nods and looks at me, "Thank you guys, so much for helping me. She'll be very greatful." He said, I smiled. Chris put his hand on her heart and took a deep breath. The vibration is stronger.

...

Its been two hours. No luck. But we're not giving up.

The front door opened, we all took out our weapons and pointed them to a women holding a back and a tall man following close behind.

"Guys it's okay. This is Lora and Mat, they adopted Maze." Chris said, we all lowered our weapons, "I thought you guys would be hungry, so I went to the morg and got blood packets." Lora said, she walked around giving everyone a blood packet, I smiled at her when she got to me, "I'm Ricky by the way." I said, she smiled, "Nice to meet you." She said, "This is Ryan, Ghost, Balz, and Vinny." I said, she nods to them. She handed a blood packet to Chris, he smiled, she cupped his cheek, "I believe in you." She said, he nods, "Thank you for trying to save my daughter." She choked, he nods, "Of course, I won't give up." He said.

I don't think she's gonna make it. Its been hours, last time it didn't take this long. If she were to make it she would've showed signs by now.

"Wait, Mat." Chris said before Mat and Lora left, "I would like blessing, to ask your daughter to be my wife." Chris said, my eyes widen. Wife? Mat nods and put his hand on Lora's shoulder, "Of course, Chris. You have my blessing." Mat said.