Prologue

Detective Alex Sharp's POV
____________________________

"How many hostiles do we have inside?" I asked approaching the first and only patrol officer who'd showed up so far after the banks silent alarm had gone off 5 minutes prior to my arrival.

"Not sure." The patrol officer answered shakily as he stood on the side of his patrol car that blocked him from view of any threats inside, which was clever on his part. But on the negative side, I could tell by his trembling hands and the amount of sweat exuding from him the kid was fresh and had never been in an intense situation like this before.

"It's okay kid." I smile trying to be reassuring and not come off as an ass by calling him a kid. I'd been on the job for 10 years, I know how it felt being the baby fresh rookie being in this type of situation.

"Is there anything you can tell me, anything that stood out?"

"Nothing as you can tell detective the blinds are closed and they've been closed since I arrived."

I was about to respond when something caught my eye. There was a brand new black 2017 Corvette z06 parked in the alley on side of the bank, with a license plate that read MCLANE. I couldn't help but smile.

"Was that Vette' here when you arrived?" I asked the rookie while more squad cars approached the scene, sirens blazing.

"Yeah." the rookie nodded. "You think it has something to do with the robbery."

"It sure does, it means we have a man inside." I acknowledged with a proud smile. "Actually my partner is in there."

"Who's your partner?" The rookie asked.

"Detective McClane." I smiled.

"You mean Lucy McClane?" The rookie asked dumbfounded. "Her father was a legend and her she's following in his footsteps."

"You heard right." I smiled. "You're lucky you're about to see her in action."

"Should I radio for an ambulance?"

"It's a safe bet. Go ahead get em' here quick."