chapter 3

Cara's pov

The people I saw left me in utter shock.

"Walter? Wayne?"I asked in relief.

"Did you come to save me?"

"Save you"Walter scoffed.

"What do you mean!"I asked with ears brimming in my eyes.

"No need to cry. Time will come when we'll tell you everything. Goodbye sweetie."And they left.

I couldn't hold it anymore, I broke down in tears. The people I trusted most are the ones who betrayed me, people who knew me since I was born that if someone comes to tell me they could do this I'd rather kill myself than to believe it.

I sat down on the couch reflecting on my life the whole day.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - The next day

I woke up crying. Such a horrible nightmare.

The door opened to a very unamused mark.

"Breakfast is ready come down if you want or better still stay up here and starve I don't care and the W's are coming by two in the afternoon get ready before then. "He told me and forcefully closed the door.

Little fucker. hmm, I feel lazy today so I made my 'won't do list'
1. I won't go downstairs today.
2. I won't eat today.
3. I won't get ready today.
4. I won't meet the W's today.
5. I won't hear any story today.
6. I won't do anything today.

Some hours later_ _ _ _ _

"What is she? "

Oh no.

I quickly ran into the walk in closet, ran behind the hanged clothes, and totally buried myself in my pile if duty clothes.

I heard the door bang open and heard throwing and shuffling.

The bathroom door banged open and I heard shattering of tiles and glasses. I wonder what he's doing in there.

Then his heavy footsteps got closer to the closet and I did everything I could not to make any sound then the door to the closet opened and I stopped breathing. I couldn't afford him to notice my body movements. He shifted the hanged clothes, he was walking towards my hiding place and_ _ _ _ _

"oof" He tripped on me. He just had to trip. Before I could run. I was yanked by my hair, dragged down the stairs and dumped on the floor.

"aargh"The pain, the agony.

"There you are. " Walter said smiling.

" What do you want. "I asked them in a bitter tone.

" See Cara, your father isn't who he seems to be"

"You guys are just making up lies trying to turn me against my father,but let me tell you it's not working."

"Seriously Cara you need to know "He said and turned to mark" and Mark, you may be excused " And Mark walked out.

" Are you ready? "They asked.

" Yes go ahead. "I told them. It's time to know why my bodyguards and most trusted people in my family would kidnap me.

" Go ahead. "It's time to know the truth.