Cousin?

3 years earlier

She sat perched on the branch, a smug smile was strewn loosely across her face. She watched as the students flooded through the halls like water breaking through a dam. 

One by one they left the school grounds, boarding carriages, or simply walking to the train that lay ahead. Chattering and laughing were heard even from this distance. Excited talks about the latest quidditch scores, or debating about what new DADA teacher there would bring next year.

She smiled serenely and spun a long, sharp blade between her fingers.

They had no idea of what was to come.

Her gaze was fixated on a certain boy with reckless black hair and rusting round glasses. He looked slightly saddened and depressed, but his eyes also held a look of hopefulness.

The woman sighed, bored, and held her arms to either side of her. Her hands crackled with dark energy, and she smirked. She thrust them out in front of her, and watched as the sky began to fill with clouds, and as it turned to a gloomy shade of gray. Rain droplets splattered around her, the sparkling precipitation dousing all the students. And everyone else within the limits of England. 

She looked back at the boy with glasses, who had a slightly blank and confused look written on his face, before they continued about their everyday business. 

The woman smiled widely. She held her arm up above her head, and disappeared suddenly in a puff of smoke.

Her job was done.

Present day

Harry POV

"How do you know him?" I asked suspicion leaking through my tone. Dudley didn't answer immediately, as he was too busy staring at the boy on the couch with eyes wide as saucers. 

"He was here a few years ago. He's our cousin." He spit out the last phrase in disgust. "He left after you came back from your freak school."

"That's me."  He smiled. Then his smile dampened. "Seriously Harry, do you really not remember?" 

"There's nothing to remember. If you're one of Dudley's stupid friends trying to play a joke on me, I'm not falling for it." I answered. 

"It's not a joke!" The man protested. "I'll prove it!" He took a deep breath. "Three years ago. We were in the tournament together. I got disqualified from the first task. Second task. Dobby gave you the gilly weed. You rescued Fleur's sister and Ron! I ran into you in the maze in the third task. Ced- Cedric died." I chocked back a sob. "I went with you into the graveyard. Faced noseless dude."

"You never did any of that with me." I said through clenched teeth. "Hermione, obl-"

The man's eyes widened, as if realizing something. "Oh Styx." He mumbled, running a hand through his unruly hair. "I know who did this. That daughter of a gorgon...." He let out another long line of what I could only assume were curses, before the man reached in his pocket, and pulled out a wand. "See? Wand. Me=wizard." My eyes widened along with Ron's, while Hermione did the opposite and narrowed her's. "Not very good at using it, but its mine all the same."

"Did you work for Voldemort?" Hermione demanded, inching her wand closer to him. He held up his arms in a surrender position, the wand dropping to the spot beside him. 

"I already told you that I didn't. Heck, I even helped you sort of beat him that one time." 

"What's your name again?" Ron interrogated. 

"Percy. You know that, Ron." Percy, apparently, said. He turned back to me, a more serious look etched on his face. His voice dialed down to a more hushed tone. "Harry, I know who's behind this. And I know you don't know who I am right now, but I can get your memories back. You just have to trust me."