Still Into You

Chase Gallagher and Makayla Stevens were Mclindon High's power couple. But like any relationship, they had their ups and downs. But like a few relationships, their love prevailed through it all. That is until graduation. They tried and tried to make the long distance work but eventually they drifted apart. They met other people and moved on. If only that were the end. But to get there, let's start at the beginning.

I will never forget that day, the day that I met her. It was June 25. School was starting soon and I, Chase Gallagher, would be a freshman at Mclindon High School. Me and my best friend Marty Hayes. Marty and I have been best friends ever since kindergarten. Its actually a funny story, how we met. We were all sitting in class. When the teacher turned her back, Marty sneaked in through the window, being that he was always late. He tripped over our projects and ran to his seat. Everyone was giggling, which made the teacher turn around. But not before Marty settled into the seat next to mine. We had never even made eye contact before so when he sat next to me I didn't know what to expect. She announced that we would be doing a partner assignment and that we would partner with the person next to us. Lucky for me, it was Marty sitting next to me. We partnered up and instead of working, we played around the whole time. Then, at snack time, Marty said "Have you ever noticed that when Mrs. Cheers gets mad she looks like a Baboon?" I laughed so hard milk came out of my nose, then Marty laughed so hard milk came out of his nose. We've been best friends ever since. Well as I was saying, it was June 25, and Marty was having a party. And I knew this was not an ordinary party. This was a Marty Hayes party. What was so great about Marty Hayes Parties? Three things: 1) His parents were always out. 2) He was super popular so there were always a lot of people. and 3) Marty's house was HUGE. It was like a mansion! I got ready then went out to the garage. I walked up to a fire red Porsche, which is the only car my stepdad would let me ride in (out of his 9 cars). He drove me to the party but honestly I would have preferred to walk. He drove slowly, talked on the phone the entire time, and had the radio turned to weird music which he blasted the entire time. When we got to Marty's place, he sped off so quickly I was barely able to close the door. I still can't believe sweet Janet married that jerk. He always takes advantage of her and when I try to call him on it she just defends him. When my dad died, it was just her and me. Of course a lot of men came along but it never lasted. She was always so strong and she worked so hard to get us by. Then Ryan came along. He was charming at first. Charming enough to get my mom to marry him and get us to move in with him. I haven't forgotten about dad yet, and I know that deep down mom hasnt either. But I couldn't think about that right now. I walked in the already open door and was immediately stunned by the sight. The lights, the music, the food, the people.... I could have went on forever if Marty hadn't nearly tackled me. When I regained my balance, he greeted me. "What's up bro?" he said. "Awesome party right?" he said said as he gestured around the room. "Ya totally." I said. "Hey dude, that girl right there." He pointed to a blonde with so much makeup she could be a circus clown, dancing on the dance floor. "I've had my eye on her all night. What do you think?" "Not really my type." I started looking around. "Now that is a woman." I said as I pointed to a brunette standing alone by the snack table. "No....that's a girl. Now Ms. Myers.... That's a woman." Marty said, with a sly smile on his face. "Ms. Myers, our 8th grade math teacher?! Gross Marty." "Well either way you're never gonna get that girl. She's taken. I can feel it." "No dude she's totally available. I mean, she's at a party, alone. That means a green light for me to go." "Don't say I didn't warn you." Marty said as I walked towards her. "So tell me, did it hurt when you fell from heaven? Because you are an angel." I said. Then she gave me a "What do you think you're doing" look. I was confused at first, but then a guy that was twice my size walked up next to her. He also kinda answered my question. "No... But its gonna hurt when my fist falls on you're face!" He said. Ohhh I guess Marty was right. I tried to fix it quick. "Hey sorry dude. I didn't mean to intrude I was just complimenting your beautiful girlfriend here." "Ummm, he's my brother. " she said. Oh uh I just got in a whole lot deeper. I didn't even have time to respond when I was suddenly stumbling back with pain in my face. He punched me...hard. I felt all eyes on me. Then Marty walked up next to me. "Hey hey hey! Nothing to see here. Just a kid that should listen to his friend more often, that's all." And with that he helped me up and sat me in a chair. "Chase, I didn't wanna have to say I told you so... but.....I TOLD YOU SO!" he said. "Well you were right. I shouldn't have hit on her. But that dude was her brother." "Whatever.Now let's get back out there so I can introduce you to Cynthia." He pulled me towards the blonde from earlier. "Chase, this is my girlfriend Cynthia. Cynthia, this is my best friend Chase." "Hey Chase." Cynthia said with a strong Jersey accent. From the way she dressed to the way she acted I could have swore she was Snooki's blonde twin. "Hi Cynthia. Nice to meet you. Umm I'm just gonna borrow your boy Marty for a sec, Ok?" And with that I pulled Marty away from her. "I guess you work pretty quickly." I said. "Ya. We hit it off right away." "Well I'm glad that you and your Jersey Shore Barbie are having a good time." By then Cynthia was next to Marty. I guess he didn't hear my last comment. "Marty, Chase, you guys have to meet my friend Makayla. I'm sure she's around here somewhere." Cynthia looked around the room and so did I. Not like I was looking for her, I just needed something to do so I was looking like some idle idiot. I kept looking around until my eyes landed on her.