Chapter 2:

Chapter 2: « OFF TO WAR »

***

I'm in the crowd. I miss my family already... We are moving now. One of the doors are open, and dome is full of salty air. The Sea. I've never been in the sea before, I've heard stories about it though. My Grandma told me many stories about pirates and mermaids and.. sharks.

I'm finally out, and the air out here is so fresh. Somthing feels different I'm walking towards the ship when suddenly someone shoves me forward. A bald man with one eye patch grins as he points up. I have to climb a ladder of rope to the top of the of the ship.

Suddenly I feel lost and uneasy, people behind me are pushing and shoving so I take the first bar made of rope and climb. After about seven bars my hands and arms start to ache, I have about 13 more before I reach the top.

Finally, I reach the top. My hands a raw and throbbing. I never new climbing took so much effort, but I guess if you have no experience in climbing rope ladders you would definitely feel that way.

The first thing I do is look for Nate, with searching eyes I scan the top deck, which is full of frantic people. I don't know why they are panicking, I follow a crowd down stairs into the ship when finally the speakers go off, "All soldiers of the Cubis level 1 department please proceed to the front deck for further instructions". I run. Desperate to find a familiar face.

*bang*

Gunshots.

I arrive at the front of the deck to find a large circular body of people, I push my way through to the front. Two bodies lay there, one Old man and a middle aged women. I'm guessing they were shot because of conflict, they were probably also shot to signify discipline. Everybody backs away as an emergency crew come to drag the bodies away. I look up to see a tall muscular man with straight white hair, he stands tall like the soldiers I see on my tele-screen.

"Welcome to ship 2767" he says. "My name is Derek. This is level 1 in your trainee ship and you must complete all 10 levels to pass." Levels? What levels? My parents never told me about levels. I run my hands over my pants to clean my them of nervous sweat. "This time lapse you will experience will be the most gruelling time of your life. Everyone of you will be handed a shared room, jobs and a schedule. If you fail to follow these instructions you will, I repeat WILL be thrown off board". "he's bluffing" says a familiar voice behind me. Out of curiosity I turn around.. It's Ethan.

***
Hey guys I'm so sorry I haven't updated in about 3 months or more. Lol. But I have just been busy with assessments and school and netball. Anyway I hope you enjoyed!

- Sade xo