Ch1

~Hey, so this is the first chapter. It's not much, but it'll get better, I promise~

I'm walking into work and I don't see Andrew there so I run into him. I apologize and continue on my way up to the staff room. On my way, I glance at the task board and notice I'm on the SPLAN team, a team of really dedicated, smart employees who know what to do with merchandise that isn't on an aisle shelf. See, I work in a grocery store and SPLAN is basically just a fancy way to say the people who make the ends of the aisles look good. Like I said, it's usually left to the really strong people who've worked there for a while. I've only been here three months, plus I'm weak as fuck. Yes, I work fast and efficiently and I'm good at making things pretty, but I'm shorter than the rest of the team and weaker too. What confuses me most though, is that I'm working with the guy I kinda like, and I think likes me, because he's been hitting on me since I started working here. I also notice that no one else is on the team today. I don't like the idea of working alone with Andrew, but maybe it'll turn out okay.

I punch in at 11 am, only to find Andrew already in the office, printing price tags. 'Damn he's fast' I think to myself, since tags are the last part of building an end.

"Please go get a flat and load up the specials from the bay" Andrew says when I ask what I need to do. Now, most of you readers are probably wondering what he meant, right? Well, he meant to get a flat deck cart and load it with the merchandise on the pallet beside the compost bin in the back room. I go do as he asked, not quite finished when he gets there.

"Hurry up you slow poke" he teases me. I throw a thing of napkins at him, and hit his head. Oh well, it's just paper, right? He laughs and throws it back.

"Ow! That was my chest you perv" I say, laughing. We finish loading the flat and take it to the end so we can finish this project. We get most of it done before lunch, so we just have to print tags after lunch. As we head to the staff room, we end up stopping to chat with a coworker. As he leaves, Andrew makes a comment about how he likes the jobs we were given. I laugh and ask why.

"Because" he says then smacks my ass. I gasp as I walk upstairs, saying it was assault but jokingly, because I don't know if I liked it or not. After we finish our lunch break, we go back to work and Andrew asks me if I've decided if I liked him smacking my ass. I stutter a lot, but then say yes, I did. I groan inwardly as I think to myself as to what my father would say.

Most people don't know that I actually do know my biological father, I just say he left when I was three months old. Which is true, but I never say anything about losing contact with him. I've always known my father, I love him and he loves me. The only reason he left was because he has his own home to stay at. My father and mother never lived together, mum couldn't handle the heat of dad's place and dad said mum's place was too cold. I've grown up to be able to adjust to either heat or cold because of my parents. In any case, both my parents would be extremely shocked by the fact that I like Andrew. Dad would kill me because he's mortal, and mum would love it because it'd mean that I've moved on from the last guy.

"Felicia, come on... We need to get this job done." Andrew says, pulling me out of my thoughts. I mumble a bit but follow him. I don't particularly like my job, but it pays, and the better I succeed here, the less chance I have of inheriting the family business. I don't want to take over the family business but more and more I think I have to.

"What's the family business?" Andrew asks

"Shit, I said that out loud?"

"Not more than a whisper, but I heard."  

I panic internally but tell him it's really nothing. He lets it slide but I can tell he doesn't believe me. I can't tell him the truth though, I mean, who would believe that my biological father is none other than Satan himself? Like, other than the lords who live on earth, no one would.

"Andrew?"

"Yes?"

"I kinda like you" I whisper, blushing.

"Good, because I like you. Felicia, will you be my girlfriend?" He responds.

"Of course." I smile and hug him, burying my face in his neck. I then remember that we're at work and need to be professional, so I quickly kiss his cheek and pull away. I suppose working with Andrew really isn't so bad after all. I smile and start on the next project while Andrew goes to make labels for the one we finished before lunch. I grab a flat deck cart, and put the boxes of cereal on it, piling them so high that I can't see over them. I go to the front of the store and start putting the cereal boxes onto a shelf, hoping that I didn't screw up. I have that end completely done by the time Andrew's done making labels. 

~Thanks for reading, it really means a lot to me, starting something completely from scratch and actually publishing it. There are a few true things, but only like, maybe one total paragraph in this chapter, the rest is completely fictional.~