Part 2

" You again", she said with confidence.
" The kick didn't cause you enough pain?"
No answer.
" Well aren't you grumpy today."

The man made slow steps and stared in her direction. The hate showing through his eyes was inevitable and Violet was sure that he was boiling inside. He stepped quickly and hit her side. Violet felt her bones buckle and her ribs shift. The curse was then returned to him. With a strong fist, the young girl punched the masked man right in the face. A yelp escaped from his mouth which was strangely satisfying for the young girl.

"That's going to leave a bruise", she said chuckling. Taking a step back, she admired her work..

"Please let me live, I promise I won't turn you in!", he screamed.
"You can't do this to me! Please don't hurt me!"

Though she felt pity for the man she knew what she had to do to keep herself and her secret safe. She gathered her mind calmly and closed her eyes. The hunter had no idea what was coming to him. She focused on the energy waves, feeling them with the edges of her finger tips. Pulling the man's mind at her will, the young girl picked away at his soul. Screams came from his mouth, pleading for help and kindness, but it went on. She continued a little longer but soon the screams were gone and all there was left was a cold empty body. She had done it. She had killed her enemy.

A large breath was let out of her lungs, followed by several little ones. This thing, this power of hers, had completely drained her of energy. She was exhausted! Glancing at the corpse Violet realized that the black mask was still present on his face. Body aching with curiosity, Violet approached the corpse. The young girl sat beside the dead body and stared. Her hands were sweaty at the touch, and trembling uncontrollably. It was crazy how much anxiety she had because of him. With her head held high, she put both her hands on the dead man's chin and in one movement, ripped the black mask from his face. Violet gasped. She knew this man! His stubble beard and high cheekbones bringing flashbacks to her memory. Childhood games at the tables, soccer games and car drives. This man had been her father. Not only that but she had killed him.

THE END