How it all started

It all began not too long ago when I started high school. For the first few weeks I walked up and down the corridors, trying to feel confident in who I am. At the time I had a few friends but none of them really understood what I was going through. I used to like school, well really I used to love school but that all changed the minute I stepped foot into the grounds of the high school. I never got lost and was never late to class but I still felt that I was lost and behind everyone else. This feeling got worse as I progressed through the first term in year seven. I distinctly remember the sick feeling I felt the minute I thought about school. My parents were naturally worried for my mental health so they approached professional advise. I was evaluated and it was decided that I was perfectly okay. This whole ordeal went on for most of term one. After countless doctors appointments, blood tests and councillor meetings there was no improvement. I still felt that I didn't belong and to put it into simple terms, that I wasn't meant to be at that place at that point in time.

As the year progressed I became more confident in my friends and in my schooling environment. I was so attending more classes and making new friends. In a matter of weeks I went from the lowest of lows to a happy functioning human. Well so I thought. It was only a matter of time before I crashed again. Everyone has those days where they can float above the clouds and others where they feel that they will never smile again.

That was just year seven...