W - T W O W O R L D S 6

A gun goes off in Dad's workshop, and outside, Su-bong immediately falls to the ground, convinced that he's been shot. He hasn't, of course, but inside Dad slumps to the floor with a big gaping wound in his chest, and Kang Chul looks down at him, eerily calm about the whole thing. But! You just shot your creator!

Su-bong's jaw hits the ground when the manhwa hero he's been drawing scenery for just walks out the front door holding a gun. Kang Chul pauses and says that if he calls emergency now, Dad might live. That's it, and he walks away.

Yeon-joo can't handle being trapped in the slowest cab in all of Seoul and gets out to run the rest of the way. She's terrified because the last thing she heard was the sound of the gunshot, and by the time she reaches the front gate, it's pouring rain and the place is surrounded by cops and paramedics.

She runs inside where Su-bong is wailing, his shirt covered in Dad's blood. The paramedics are working on moving Dad's body, and he looks alive... barely. Yeon-joo rushes to his side, screaming, "Dad! Daaad!" eyes filled with terror. Mom gets the call from Su-bong, and goes numb from the shock.

In the ambulance, Yeon-joo takes over CPR when Dad's pulse starts to drop, and she pleads with him to hang on and not be scared. They arrive at her hospital, where she barely holds it together as she updates Professor Crazy Dog, her hands still pressed on Dad's heart.

She enters the operating room, and Crazy Dog is actually nice for once, kicking her out for her own good. He insists that it's because he can't handle the pressure of her watching, but Yeon-joo's on the verge of tears the whole time, and as soon as she exits, she breaks down in sobs.

Su-bong comes up and says in a shaky voice that it was Kang Chul—Su-bong saw him in the flesh with his own two eyes. Yeon-joo's hand closes up into a fist and she asks if anyone saw where Kang Chul went. Oh no, are you enemies now? Say it ain't so!

Su-bong says that her father was right, and that he had a reason for wanting to kill Kang Chul all this time—he must've known this would happen. He asks why Yeon-joo saved Chul, sighing that if she'd only not saved him, this wouldn't have happened. "He's just a manhwa character," Su-bong argues.

Mom arrives and holds Yeon-joo's hand, and in the operating room, Crazy Dog takes out the bullet and says it's a good thing it stayed intact. He puts it in the pan, and it's a real bullet—no cartoon fakes here.

Down in the lobby of the hospital, Kang Chul walks up to the front desk and leaves a letter for Yeon-joo, asking for it to be delivered to her. He says nothing else, and heads back out into the rain.

The next morning, news breaks of Dad's shooting. He's still alive, but still hasn't regained consciousness. Dad's editors at the publishing house see the news and wonder if they should call Yeon-joo, because something is going on with the webtoon—they stare at the screen and say it's strange.

Yeon-joo sits by Dad's bedside and clutches his hand, unable to hold back her tears. Seok-bum comes by and urges her to get some sleep, and promises to stay here next to Dad. You're a good friend.

Yeon-joo gets a call from Dad's publisher, who hesitates to bother her with the webtoon at a time like this. But he says it's odd that he received a new issue in the middle of the night, when it couldn't have been Dad who sent it. Wait, the manwha is still going? Does that mean Kang Chul got back to his world??

The publisher says it looks like her father's artwork though, and he wonders if maybe Dad had finished the issue beforehand and scheduled it to send. He says the content is odd too, so he wanted to double check with her before putting it up online.