Prologue

Songs for this chapter

Say Something~ Shawn Mendes Cover

Hallelujah~ Shawn Mendes Cover

Wanetd~ Shawn Mendes Cover 

Sweater Weather~ Shawn Mendes Cover

Stay~ Shawn Mendes Cover 

Counting Stars~ Shawn Mendes Cover

((Sorry it was a Shawn night :3))

Harry's P.O.V~

"You're what?!" I spit out as I looked into the cobalt blue eyes of my bes- correction. Who i thought was my best friend. The slight choking noises on both sides of me let me know that I wasn't imagining what was just spoken out. 

"I'm engaged." He stated once again, only gaining blank stares and gaping mouths as replies. Liam was the first one to finally spit out a response out of the four of us. 

"Lou!! That's brilliant!! Why the hell didn't you tell us sooner?! When's the wedding mate? Have we met her yet?" The questions pour out of him like a faucet as the other two begin to thaw from the news, while i'm still processing the word engaged. My shock gets pushed up a notch hearing Louis's responses. 

"Well, lads, the wedding is actually in a week from tomorrow," he nervously chuckles, "Before you say anything about how short notice that is for everybody, they all already know. It was what was the most convenient for the two of us and i honestly couldn't be happier you guys. Yes actually, you have met him. 'Member Jake? Yeh, that's him.!" Louis's talking about him in such a fucking energetic way i can't even look at with without forgetting how to breathe.

He's getting fucking married?! When the hell did this happen? I'm supposed to know everything about him, so why didn't I know this? I hear Niall and Zayn compliment him on the engagement and making arrangements for a stag party this weekend, while Liam calls Perrie and Danielle to get flight tickets ordered for a few days from now. It's only when Niall brings up whether or not Jake would come see us in concert during our next tour that i began to listen to their conversation once again. At the question Louis immediately got quiet and fidgety, which means he's trying to figure out how to say something that's difficult for him to say. At least I still know something about him. He pulls the three boys standing around him closer and whispers something that makes Niall turn pale, Liam red, and Zayn green. They stare and gape at him as the tears begin to pool in the corner of Louis's eyes. 

"Lads, this doesn't mean it's the end... It's just.. It's just some separation for a while, yeh?" Lou almost pleads to them. Seemingly none of them listen or even hear the plead as Niall's legs begin to get shaky and he leans onto Zayn for support, who in turn wraps his arms around the Irish bloke's waist, buries his head in his neck, and begins to sob. Niall fists the back of Zayn's sweatshirt as he tries to keep the tears from falling, failing miserably. I look over to Liam, extremely confused, to gauge his reaction. His fists are clenched by his sides and the veins in his neck are bulging. 

"Management?" Is the only word that he speaks to Louis. Who replies brokenly with a small and quiet, "They already know. Everyone except you lads and the media have for a few months now. Please Lia-" Liam cuts him off with a curt nod of his head before he looks at me with the most broken expression on his face that i've ever seen in my life and storms out of the room. My eyes graze across the room to take in the scene before me. From Niall and Zayn, now huddled together on the love seat to the left of me, still sobbing loudly and sniffing frequently, to my best friend who stood opposite of me shaking to his core. 

"L-Lou? What's going on?" I asked softly. He sighed heavily but made his way over to where I was standing, grabbing my hand and leading me towards what seemed to be our bedroom, seeing as we all still shared a flat. I obliged and followed quietly, millions of thoughts racing through my head. Once we reached our fairly sized room I plop myself down into the middle of the bed and watch as Louis paces across the room, giving me a slight headache. "Lou, whatever it is you can tell me. Nothing's going to change. I won't let it. Ever, I swear." He shakes his head back and fourth so quickly i'm shocked he didn't get whiplash.