CHAPTER ONE

CHAPTER ONE | A NEW OPTION

Niklaus Mikaelson had only one thing in his mind, it had been the same thing for the last one thousand years... finally, break his curse and be the first Original Hybrid, a vampire, and a werewolf... a beast that defied what nature allowed in the world.

Five hundred years ago, the original vampire almost succeeded but his plan failed when he was betrayed by some of his servants and one of the most important items that he needed to break the curse disappeared... a doppelganger.

Klaus needed to participate in a ritual that would allow him to be in his full form; he needed the moonstone, a vampire, a werewolf and most important, the doppelganger; unfortunately the doppelganger he found by the name of Katerina Petrova realized what he was going to do with her, so she ran, she turned herself into a vampire and ran, resulting in the rage of the original, to make her pay, Klaus killed her whole family and spent the rest of the oncoming years looking for her so he could make her suffer for ruining and making him loose what he wanted the most.

It wasn't until months before of the present time, he found out there was another doppelganger and she was human, finally there was another chance for him to break the curse and because he had been waiting for this for a long time, he became more aware and cautious of how to take action in the ritual.

To his annoyance, the doppelganger, which name was Elena Gilbert, had an interesting choice of friends that would do anything for her, a young vampire with the name of Caroline Forbes, Bonnie Bennett with the ability to perform magic and at the moment she possessed a great amount of it, a hunter named Alaric Saltzman and another two vampires, the Salvatore brothers, both of them in love with her... and finally to make things for him more complicated, his older brother, Elijah Mikaelson, was helping them... siding with them instead of him.

Klaus considered that as one hurtful betrayal from his brother's part... because as far as he knew, family was supposed to support each other and stand together but Klaus could also consider that Elijah hated him at the moment because he had made him believe he killed the rest of his siblings when in reality they were still daggered, resting inside of coffins.

After he made himself known to the 'Scooby gang' a lot of dispute happened, starting with the fact that he got rid of the principal threat, Bonnie Bennett, the witch that had an immense power inside of her but in the end that power killed her... or that's what Klaus was thinking.

Being the cocky Original he was, Klaus decided to gloat in front of certain members of said gang; he walked inside of the restaurant & bar that was well known in Mystic Falls, Mystic Grill; he narrowed his eyes with a smile on his face when he spotted Damon Salvatore and Alaric Saltzman sitting in the bar area.

"Gentlemen? Why so glum?" he asked with his smile and strong British accent coming out of his mouth.

Damon and Alaric froze on their seats and turned their heads to see Klaus standing next to them at the bar; Damon sighed "Ugh" he pursed his lips starting to get angry "Klaus, I presume."