Chapter one

The bright sun cascaded over the stain glass windows along the stair way of the library as Jayde and her brother Jared walked down the many steps. Jayde watched intently at the windows, paying close attention at the many colors. Jared's attention wandered into the woods, about a block away from where the two were standing. It had been there during all of their last visits, however, some how it had been far more intriguing than recent visits.

"Hey sis, I uh...forgot something inside I'll catch up to you later." Jared lied.

"Okay; but hurry." She cautions. Jared stands near the doors waiting for his sister to be out of site. Though it pained him to lie to his sister, but his curiosity was much to strong. He runs rapidly to the large woods. Nobody had entered the woods in years and if any ignorant traveler had made the mistake of entering, they would never return. Jared's hair flows behind him as he ignores the many signs warning people to enter at their own risk. The wind blew against his sweater as he steps into the woods and walks until his legs could no longer carry him. He was ready to turn around, however, when he turned to exit the forest, Jared had appeared to be terribly lost. He had not thought much of it, until he heard a familiar voice.

"Jared? Jared!" it was Jayde and she seemed to be looking around for an unknown reason.

"Jayde? How did you find me?"

"I followed you here but now I'm lost too!" She exclaimed. "I don't know what to do..."

"Shhh!" he interrupted. "We're not alone... We're being watched."

"Well then let's get out of here!" She shouted as she grabbed Jared by the wrist and began sprinting at inhuman speeds.