5~ Kept Promises

Chapter 5

Kept Promises

Payton P.O.V.

The car was silent, I turned the radio completely off as soon as I got into the passengers seat of Trisha's car.

I wasn't in the mood at all. Breakfast was horrible, I mean it tasted fine but there was too much chatter at the table. Both Tristen and my grandmother acted as if I was completely invisible.

Sure they tried including me into the conversation many times but I won't budge so I guess it was my fault. I wouldn't have been stuck in that situation if he just stayed away like I wanted him too. The least he could've done was give me space just like how he had all his space during the last couple days after he marked me.

"I see Tristen found you" Trisha stated the obvious, watching as he followed our car out of the driveway and drove directly behind us.

I laughed sarcastically, I didn't have many options and let's not forget to mention that someone snitched and told Tristen where I was hiding out.

"It's not like I was playing a game of hide and seek. Games like that, you expect to be found, in my case I didn't want to be found. He found me because people don't know how to keep their mouths shut and out of other people business" I snapped.

Trisha gave me a dark look before focusing back on the road.

"Payton whether someone told him or not he would've found you sooner or later. You're over exaggerating and need to calm down" she shot back just as rudely.

For some reason it surprised me. I didn't expect her to give me the same attitude back nor take his side.

When I just stared at her she shrugged her shoulders "what?" She asked as if she didn't do or say anything wrong.

"Are you seriously taking his side, I swear everyone is taking his side in this" I almost screamed.

First it's Jackie, Noah, my mom, Coral, Lewis, my grandma and now Trisha. 

"I'm not picking a side but Payton, you need to realize that he is not perfect. He made a mistake it happens to all of us. Your dragging this out way too much".

"Trisha are you fucking kidding me!"

"Yes Payton. Lately you've had such a bitchy attitude with everyone! I feel bad for Tristen because he has to constantly put up with you constantly slamming him down for his mistake and insecurities". 

I bit my lip in anger trying to hold back an instant response. 'Is that true?' I asked myself. 

"Lewis fucked up by marking Brianna the second that he found out that she was his mate. And she forgave him after a while. The only difference between your relationship and Brianna's is that you and Tristen had months to prepare for it. Your so use to always getting what you want makes your judgement skewed".

"Trisha, please I need at least one friend to be on my side" I begged. She's been my best friend since grade school, and it seemed that she was the only one that could really tolerate listening to mine and Tristen's problems. 

I didn't want to say too much in front of Erin because that's his sister and of course she's defend her brother. As for Brianna, our friendship was still new, and she was a little preoccupied with her own relationship issues, but now Trisha too. 

She sighed deeply, stopping at the red light. "Payton I will always love you and have your back. Which also means, I need to tell you what I wholeheartedly feel and tell you when your wrong. So here it is...."