4

THE SLUMBER PARTY

"On a scale of one to ten, how drunk are we gonna get at this slumber party tonight?" Chelsea asked, giggling as she poured the tiki death punch into cups

"On a scale of one to ten, how drunk are we gonna get at this slumber party tonight?" Chelsea asked, giggling as she poured the tiki death punch into cups. She spun around the kitchen in her cutoff sweatshirt and boxer shorts excitedly.

"Twelve," Phoebe exclaimed.

"Hey Rach, how was it with your friends?" Monica asked as Rachel walked into the apartment.

Phoebe, Monica, and Chelsea screamed loudly, imitating Rachel and her friends. She just turned to glare at them.

"Okay, how would you like some tiki death punch?" Monica asked.

"What's that?" Rachel asked, walking over to them.

"Well, it's rum and--" Monica started.

"Okay," Rachel said quickly, ripping the pitcher out of Chelsea's hand and chugging straight from the pitcher.

"Now, that right there is the best way to start a girl's night!" Chelsea exclaimed excitedly.

"We thought that since Phoebe's staying over tonight, we'd have kind of a slumber party thing," Monica explained.

"And you can't spell party without Chelsea!" Chelsea added.

"Uh, honey, yes you can," Monica said gently.

"Not anymore!" Chelsea said in a singsong voice.

"We got some trashy magazines, we got cookie dough, we got Twister," Monica listed, she scurried to the other side of the room to answer the phone.

"Oh, and I brought Operation!" Phoebe exclaimed.

"But, uh, I lost the tweezers so we can't operate. But we can prep the guy!" she added. Chelsea patted her shoulder lovingly, shaking her head.

"Well, I say we play dirty games that we can't play with the boys," Chelsea said, laughing.

Rachel sat on the couch, as sad look on her face as she thought of all the things that she wished she had.

"You should feel great about yourself! You're doing this amazing independent thing," Monica said encouragingly.

"Monica, what is so amazing? I gave up, like, everything-- and for what?" Rachel cried.

"Okay, honey. Listen to me. I've gone through this. I know how you're feeling. My father didn't support my career, so, he cut me off from the family's money. And that's okay. I'm doing just fine. I struggle, but that's okay. I never struggled as a kid, so, now it makes me a stronger woman to understand how to manage my money and deal with the real world. Rich parents are like a sheltered bubble. All bubbles pop eventually," Chelsea said gently.