One: Waiting

Your POV;
It has been a few months since Kazuto was trapped in that death game, Sword Art Online. I visit him everyday, hoping he'll get out. But knowing him, he will get out. No.. he'll win it. He'll win the game..

Suguha walks in the room and glares at me. "Oh, you're here again." She drops her bag next to the bed and sits at Kazuto's side. "Onii-chan." She holds his hand and looks into his closed eyes, as if hoping for them to pop open. I want to break the silence so I ask: "How's school Suguha?" She glares at me again and shrugs. "Why should I care about that when my brother is trapped in a stupid game!" She slams her fist on the bed and I stare at her. "Sorry.." she apologizes and stares at him again.

It's been 3 hours and Suguha left 2 hours and 45 minutes ago. I've been keeping a fake conversation on with Kazuto. I act as if he listens his best. As if he loves me. When I get to my darkest thoughts I imagine his soul hugging me and kissing me, telling me it's okay. But he's not. He's really not.. of course not.

(Time skip to when Kirito wakes up)

I get a text from Suguha saying that Kazuto woke up. I excitedly out on a cute pink coloured dress and a white vest. I also put on a white headband and a white purse. "Kazuto!" I yell as I run out the door, catching a ride to the hospital.

"Kazuto!" I yell with tears of joy. I hug him. "I missed you so much!" He smiled. "I missed you too Y/N." I let him go and fixed my hair, hoping it looked okay. "So what happened over the past 2 years?" He laughs. "A lot. I got a few new friends." I pause in disbelief. A few new friends? I was always Kazuto's only friend.. I was always his comfort! He shook my shoulder. "Y/N?" I get out of my daze and put on a fake smile. "R-really? What are their names?" He leans back and relaxes. "Klein, Lisbeth- or Liz, Silica, S-Sachi.. Agil, Thinker?" He smiles. "And Asuna..." tears stream down his eyes. "Kazuto?" He wipes his tears and laughs. "Sorry.. you see.. Asuna is my girlfriend. Or you could say in game wife." I froze. In game wife?! He has a girlfriend?! This can't be happening.. Suguha comes in the room. "Ah! Hey Y/N! Hi Onii-chan!" She hugs Kazuto and from the looks of it, puts on a fake smile. "T-tell me more about Asuna.." she shakes nervously and I hold her shoulders. "Don't force yourself.." she stops and shook her head. "No, tell me about your life in SAO! Without Asuna." He settles into thinking mode and stops. "Um... Nothing much I guess." I laugh and smile. "Well I have to go Kazuto, Suguha. Bye!" I wave and Kazuto waves back. "Bye Y/N!" Suguha smiles back at me. "Bye bye Y/N!!" I walk out of the hospital room and my back slides against a wall. Tears stream down my face. "W-why d-did I thi-nk I h-had a chan-ce.." I wipe my tears from my eyes and walk out of the hospital.. how much longer do I have to wait?