中忍試験

Edit: I added a part at the end.

____________

A girl, a boy, and a grandma who was sipping her tea peacefully. The girl stared down at the boy while the boy did the same.

In front of Midori was her three year old brother. Naruto stared at the girl with curious eyes as Midori didn't move an inch from her spot.

That was when Naruto spoke as word that the grandma taught him. "Nee-chan!" His eyes sparkled as he said that. It was at that moment when Midori collapsed on the floor in defeat from her little brother's cuteness.

"Nee-chan!! Nee-chan!!" Naruto chanted the word as he tried to have Midori carry him. Midori, on the other hand, was having too much enjoyment of being able to spend time with her brother.

Reason being was the three days that were given to them to prepare for the final round of the chuunin exam. While the other participants were training themselves like crazy, the girl was home and taking care of her growing brother.

"Excuse me! Is Midori home!?" A vooce came from the front door but the three paid no mind to it as Asuma was the one who answered.

"Yeah, she's in the living room." Asuma said while Iruka went in.

"Nee-chan! Carry!" Naruto said and the girl could almost imagine all the sparkles that would cover her brother's cute smile.

"O-okay..." Midori said and carried Naruto easily. The woman present chuckles at the sight.

Suddenly, the door of the living room opened. "Midori, its already the last day, we need to train!!" Iruka said as Midori stared at him coldly.

"Nee-chan! Nee-chan!  Who?" Naruto asked and the girl turned to the boy, expression quickly changing from cold to warm. "Naruto, don't worry, it's just an idiot." She said.

"Don't talk as if I'm not here, and did you just call me it?!" Iruka complained while Midori became amused that the boy became worried of him being called a thing yet didn't retaliate on the idiot part.

"Little lady, the lad is right, it won't hurt to train a bit for tomorrow." Asuma peeked behind Iruka.

After a few seconds, Midori walked towards the woman and put Naruto down near her.

"I'll be leaving him to you. Thank you as always, grandma." Midori said while the woman just smiled calmly at the girl.

"Do your best, Midori-chan." The girl nodded and left with Iruka.

_____________

After their training, well, they were supposed to train but due to Midori's constant laziness of not wanting to spar or anything of the sort, Iruka was the only one who did. Midori's excuse was having her clone fight the boy in which Iruka was fooled for one whole hour and may have continued on if not for Midori's loud fall from a tree on which she was sleeping on.

Iruka's lecture lasted for hours, pointing out how the girl should take things seriously for once.

"Geez, don't you have any problems for tomorrow?" Iruka said both hands on the back of his head.

"No problem, I just have to beat them, right?" The way Midori said that with no worry made the other a little pissed of her attitude. Though, he already expected that and was used to her personality.

"Well, aren't you a strong one." Iruka said with a huff. He heard a slight laugh behind him making him look back in shock, only to see Midori's smile.

"It's because I'm an onee-chan."

______________

The day of the last round dawned upon the genin that would fight each other for the title of being promoted to chuunin. It will be a test of skill, knowledge, technique, strength, and strategy.