A New Page: Moonlight

As we sit together in the train, I felt a bit of awkwardness around us since we've been silent since we got in here.

*Sighs*

I carefully wiped my sweat off being careful not to hit his elbow. And then he suddenly spoke and I got startled and quickly looked at him.

"Y-Yes?"

"My name is Ren. And you are?"

"Oh, I'm Ruka. P-Pleased to meet you."

"Pleasure is all mine."

I quickly bowed my head again as he reached out for a hand shake. I giggled nervously and he smiled.

"So uh, what is your course?", he asked.

"Oh, I'm taking Information Technology.", I answered.

"Ahh, Wow. That's great!", he exclaimed.

"Uh, well, I don't know about that actually. It's getting harder the higher the level.", I shrugged and smiled.

"What about you? You're still in junior high, right?", I looked at his uniform and he smiled then nodded.

"Yup. I'll be in senior high school by next year.", he replied.

"Wow! Well, I'm sure you could pull it off.", I smiled at him as he smiled back.

"Speaking of which, what took you to my university?", I asked shyly.

"Oh, I was just checking on some things like the courses they offer. And also, my brother said he'd be there earlier but he couldn't make it since he had to go and fetch his girlfriend.", he sighed then chuckled.

"Oh, I see then...",I answered awkwardly, not know what to say next.

A few minutes later, the train stopped.

"Oh, this is my stop.", I slowly stood up and bowed at him.

"Same.", he answered. My eyes widened as I stand up too and I quickly head to the door and went out with him.

We both walked and talked a bit. I gradually looked up the sky and see lots of stars shining. What amazed me was the big bright moon dazzling up above the sky. He looked up as well and saw the same thing.

"So beautiful...", I uttered as my eyes sparkle in amazement.

"Yes they are...", he answered.

"Of course they are! They are nature itself!", I giggled as I kept looking up the sky. The wind gets a bit wild as it hits through my hair making them flow a bit.

"And so are you.", he added.

My eyes widened as I blush while looking at him. And then I stuttered as I answer.

"N-No, I'm not!"

He chuckled at me as he blush a bit and quickly looking up at the sky again.

"Y-Yes you are.", he said it again.

"No, I r-really am not!", I stubbornly refused.

"Well, you really are beautiful to me.", he whispered softly to himself.

Ren's POV

What a masterpiece of beauty she is. Her smile, her adorable movements, her cute reactions, I've observed a lot in just one day. I've already seen her in a couple of times while going to school. I see her in the train station and we get in the same train everyday.

I actually don't want to reach the road wherein we need to go separate roads and head home. I don't want to be apart from her anymore.

Wait----what's this feeling inside me!? What in the world am I thinking!?

I shouldn't be feeling this way but it just...happened.

I got snapped out of my thoughts as I hear her voice, her sweet voice.

"Ren, are you alright? Your face is red.", she asked with a concerned look on her face.

She cares?

That's just so sweet of her and it makes me so happy even in the smallest things.

"Y-Yes I'm alright. I just got lost into you----"

Oh crap.

She gave me a confused look.

"you---- staring at the sky. You looked like you enjoyed it so much.", I brushed it off with a nervous chuckle.

"O-Oh, I see. Well that's... Embarrassing.", she blushed as she giggled.

Phew~ I'm glad she didn't notice.

Oh no... Here it comes, the edge of this block is where we have to head to our respective homes.

"I'm heading this way.", she told me as she points to the right.

"Oh, I'm heading this way.", I pointed to the left.

So this is it? Will I ever be able to talk to her again? And spend time like this?

She suddenly poked my back as she smiled.

"I'll get going, Ren."

I nodded and we started walking the opposite direction.

But my feet stopped as I turn back.

"Ruka!", I shouted her name out loud enough for her to hear.

She turns and looks at me.

"Will I ever see you again?"

"Oh, of course!"

"Let's meet at the station tomorrow at 8!", I said to her with a nervous tone.

I hope she accepts it.

"Okay then! Good night, Ren!"

"Good night, Ruka!"

She smiled at me brightly as she turns again and started walking.

Her smile, her face, her everything... It all made me feel so different.

She suddenly woke me up from the lonely world I am in and giving me a new reason to dream, just like the bright moonlight we both looked at tonight.

~~~~~~~
To Be Continued~~~