Only 2 Alive

Raymond’s POV

The sun was beating down on my face. I could see the light from inside my eyelids and my eyes fluttered open. I thought I could feel someone breathing down my neck, and I passed it off as the little black fan I keep on my table at night because it gets hot. The only thing that struck me as weird was that the fan felt hot. Hot breath. I squinted and looked out the window; there was some red liquid all over it. I turned around in my bed, pulling the blanket off and coming face to face with an ugly, mutilated person who looked like they should be buried six feet underground. I gasped and backed up against the wall seconds before the man with patches of hair in odd places and skin falling off of his body bit into the air. I kicked him in the face, and it struck me that he looked dead. Not like, vampire pale and sexy dead. More like rotting skin and disgusting bodily fluids dead. I knew what he was. He was a zombie, and if I know anything about zombies it’s that they don’t exist. Of course this can’t be true, since the not living, heavily breathing truth is staring me in the face, clawing at me. If there is anything else I know about zombies, it’s that you can only kill them by stabbing them in the brain. I kicked it in the face again, making it fall backwards and ran to the kitchen. There were four other zombies in the living room, two in the kitchen. My family was nowhere to be found. I shoved the two out of the kitchen best I could, one was a fat and balding man that resembled one of my neighbors, and the other one a fat woman who resembled his wife (these are two people that actually live here and I hate them). I smirked. I hated this couple, and now they’re dead. What am I doing? I’m already relishing in their deaths and they’re undead! They both tripped but got back up quickly. I had enough time to open my drawer and grab a large, six in long kitchen knife out. I held it up in front of me. I’ve never killed anyone. I’ve hardly ever made anyone bleed, was I really ready to kill two people I know? I didn’t have time to think when the zombie that woke me up was behind me, and the two fat asses in front of me. The ceiling isn’t very high, but I managed to jump over the fat couple, go through the zombies in my living room and to the window. I open the screen door and am about to jump out, but I stop. I live on the third story. I looked behind me, seven zombies were right behind me, two of them were grabbing my Halo: Reach t-shirt, and tore it. Another one was on the ground, tugging the strings of my shorts. I panicked and jumped out the window. There is a tree pretty close to the window, so I latched onto its branch. Despite my efforts to keep the only weapon I had, the kitchen knife fell out of my hands. I looked below me. A large crowd of zombies were scattered all over the field outside my apartment complex. If I was going to get out of there, I had to do it NOW.

Leo’s POV

“What in the fuck  is Ray doing in a-I’m not even going to ask myself….” I sighed.  I was behind bushes away from the zombie crowd, spying on them, until I noticed my good friend Ray dangling from a tree. I started to panic slightly from the inside that he might fall. I knew this day would happen, my family was no longer found, they all turned, except for my brother who was barricaded in a college nearby, he’s trying to find survivors somewhere. So I won’t bother until he calls. I was wearing a grey and black tank top, and black army pants and boots. I had a strap, holding weapons and supplies over my shoulder and the bottom of my waist. I didn’t know what to do, to get Ray out of that, or else he’ll turn.  I remember bile always makes zombies eat each other or something. I looked at my latch and found 3 bile bombs; Dennndraka gave me, before he went off looking for help.  I took it out, but I didn’t know where to throw it.  If I threw it near the building, they go for it, but it wouldn’t be enough time to get Ray out of the tree in time. This was so damn difficult.  I would have to distract them, to come for me then throw the bile bomb over the till, so they fall.  I stood up and started yelling. “Hey, you infected idiots!” The crowd got their attention on me and they started limping toward me.  “Oh shit….um…” I started to get frightened, as they got closer and closer. At the right moment I threw the bile bomb behind me and they all ran for it and started attacking each other, down the hill. I started to run through the crown to the tree. I looked up at Ray, he was about to lose his grip. This was perfect. I went to one of the cars and broke the window to open the door. The car was a black Altima, my favorite cars. And I got into the car and lock the doors, I started it by a bobby pin I had in my hair. I backed up and ran over a few zombies. I got the car right under Ray, so he’ll fall onto it. I opened the top window and shot Ray’s fingers with a bb gun.  Ray fell and landed in the car. I went and started to drive away to the corner store, or a mini mart, somewhere where there’s no zombies.