Chapter 2

Preston was talking. Sometimes, it seemed like he never stopped. That mouth kept moving and moving, and bullshit constantly came out.

Lachlan sighed, and slumped even further down on his chair. Everyone in the Pack was one edge. There had been suspicious movement from their rival gang; the Sidemen, and everyone was one edge about what they were planning.

"Preston!" Lachlan's head jerked up to see Jon grinning. "Look what we found!" Following Jon was Mike, and he wasn't alone. Cal was with him. Behind Cal came Rob, who was probably there to make sure Cal didn't escape.

"We found him sneaking around. His buddy escaped, but we got this one." Mike gestured towards Cal. "I'm sure he'll be able to give us good information."

Preston smiled. "Thanks F2," he said, grinning at them.

Lachlan resisted the urge to roll his eyes. F2 was constantly sucking up to Preston, and Preston was constantly sucking up to F2. "Why don't you just fuck already?" he grumbled, not intending anyone to hear, but by judging by Preston's weird look, it seemed he was overheard.

"What should we do with him?" Mike asked.

"Take him to the cells Mike. Jon, help him. Preston and I need to talk about this," Rob instructed. Lachlan smirked at the annoyed expression that flashed across Mike's face. Mike used to be the captain of F2, but when Preston became the gang leader, he made Rob the leader of F2. Mike had never seemed to be able to get over it. But then again, if Lachlan was in Mike's place, he wouldn't be able to get over it either. Mike got to his leader status by talent, Rob got it because Preston fucked him, or at least, that's what the rumors said.

"What do we do Rob?" Lachlan looked at Preston. Mike and Jon had left, leaving Preston, Lachlan and Rob; the top three. Preston was the undisputed leader, but Lachlan and Rob could never decide who was second and who was third. Rob lead F2, making him feel like he was higher ranked, but Lachlan was the better leader. The other members had more respect for Lachlan, and Rob knew it.

"We have to figure out what he knows." Lachlan turned his attention back to the conversation.

"And how do you suppose we do that Rob?" Lachlan challenged. "Torture? Bribery? Blackmail?"

"Torture is the only thing that would work." Rob smirked.

"And if we torture him, Olajide will murder us. He will never stop hunting us." Lachlan glared at Rob, and Rob glared back.

"Enough." Preston slammed his hand down on the table, glaring at both of them. "Enough of your stupid dominance plays. We need this pack to be united right now. As much as I don't want to, we need to figure out what Cal knows, and that means torture." Lachlan opened his mouth to protest, but Preston held up his hand for silence. "If we don't figure out what the Sidemen are planning, we're dead. So the way I look at it, we're dead either way. But the only way that has a chance of us actually surviving is by figuring out what Cal knows."

"So you think we should torture him?" Lachlan snarled.

"Yes."

"Well that's bullshit!" Lachlan exclaimed. "There are other ways to figure out what they're planning!"
"Really? Like what?" Rob asked, crossing his arms and leaning agaisnt the wall.

"Spies, bribes, whatever necessary."

"Our last spy's dead, we have nothing to bribe them with except Cal, and if they plan to take them out, then I'm going to make sure they suffer in trying to bring us down." Rob smirked, knowing he'd won.

"Why don't we used Cal as a bribe?" Lachlan tried again.

"Olajide wouldn't trade him." Both Lachlan and Rob turned to look at Preston. "He wouldn't. Trading information for Cal means they have to change their plan. And if he leaves Cal with us, there's a good chance we won't get anything."

"He's also a spy, which means he knows what's coming. AND he's their interrogator. He knows the tricks we'll use, and he knows how to beat them." Lachlan glared at both of them. "You really think you'll get ANYTHING out of him?"

"Olajide thinks we won't get anything out of him, so when we do, we'll have the advantage," Rob replied.

"Well looks who's being overconfident," Lachlan answered back.

"And looks who's being a pessimist," Rob replied.

"It's called being realistic. Something NEITHER of you seem to know how to do," Lachlan growled. "You're going to get us all killed."

"Don't you think you're exaggerating a little bit Lachlan?" Preston asked.

"No. I don't."

"Hey, no need to get your panties in a twist." Rob smirked.

"Shut the fuck up Rob!" Lachlan snapped.

"ENOUGH!" They both looked at Preston. "How the HELL are we suppose to win this if you two can't even get along? How the HELL are we suppose to make decisions? Unite everyone? How am I suppose to lead everyone if my two advisers want to rip each other limb from limb?"

Rob looked slightly embarrassed, but Lachlan seethed.

"If you want us to work together," he snarled. "Then make a fucking decision about who's second and who's third!"

"You want my decision that bad Lachlan?" Preston asked, eyes flashing in anger. "Fine. Rob's second, you're third. Happy?"

Rob smirked at Lachlan.

"Course you'd choose your fuck boy." Lachlan snapped, before turning around and striding out of the room, slamming the door behind him.