Chapter 1

Miah(Mia) ~ I’m 14, in the Ninth grade, i don’t have many friends. well, let’s just say i only have a guy that’s been there from the start to call my friend. Jacob. Jacob Perez. (No, this isn’t a Mindless Behavior love story. they just happen to play characters of people in the story) Our dad Derrick abuses me. and only me. Our mom Malissa is afraid to do anything about it. My life is just all messed up.

Derrick ~ Our “Dad” a.k.a Abuser. He’s 34. He abuses me every time he’s stressed or when he’s really mad, or even sometimes for the smallest things i do wrong. well, basically everything i do i wrong. let’s just say he’s and abusive bitch.

Devonte ~ My second older brother. He’s 15. He tries to stop our dad but it just gets worse every time. He doesn’t get abused like i do. basically, he doesn’t even get abused. he only gets hit like once or twice a freaking year.

De’Von ~ My oldest brother. He’s 17. He doesn’t really do anything to try and stop our dad. But he helps our mom out with everything. He doesn’t get abused though.

Maliyah ~ My only and youngest sister. She’s 12. She’s such a goody-two-shoes. She never does anything back. And she never gets beaten. She does everything she’s told to and never gets in trouble. She’s super quiet.

Malissa ~ Our mom. She’s 32. She’s too afraid to step up to our dad because he threatens to kill her. I don’t blame her. He only puts his hands on her when she doesn’t do what he tells her to. Which causes me pain.

This is my family.. What i’m going through is definitely not fun at all. The only things that bring me joy is Jacob, school, and my brother Devonte. Not saying that Our mom, De’Von, and Maliyah don’t bring me joy. Just.. not as much. But i know for a FACT that Our “Dad” Derrick doesn’t bring me joy. He brings no one joy. He’s just an abusive bum who smokes and drinks way too much. Oh, and did i mention he’s abusive? And did i mention the he smokes and drinks way too much? Yeah, that’s him alright.

This is what i look like..