Chapter 3

The day passed by and it was time for dismissal. We got on the bus and went home. We walked the rest of the way. “So, how was your first day?”, Devonte asked. “It was really good, actually. The only problem I had was Raven. That stupid bitch.”, I said rolling my eyes. “Raven, Raven? As in, Raven the Hoe?”, Devonte asked chuckling. “Yeah, Raven the Hoe.”, I said laughing. “She had the nerve to call ME, out of all people, a hoe.”, I said shaking my head. “Well as long as she don’t put her hands on you, we good.”, Devonte said laughing. “Miah, you know you ain’t gonna do shit.”, De’Von said chuckling. I looked at him and said, “Pssh, why I ain’t?”, I said laughing. “Okay, you might do a little damage.”, De’Von said. “Nah, I'll do a lot of damage.”, I said smiling.

We reached the house, and when we got in, Dad was sitting on the couch smoking weed. Damn, that's some strong weed. We covered our noses and went up to our rooms to put our books and stuff down. Whew, it’s hot. I changed out of my clothes I wore to school, and into a tank top and some shorts. I was just about to go to the bathroom when Dad called me downstairs. I sighed and went downstairs. “Sir?”, I said. “Come here baby.”, he said motioning me towards him. I walked over to him. “Yes?”, I said. He pulled me down, making me sit on his lap. Err.. Pineapples.“How was school?”, he asked. “Okay, I guess.”, I said looking down.

He lifted my chin up kissed my cheek. Then he kissed me closer to my lips. I tried to get up but he pulled me back down onto his lap, and he kissed me on my lips. I tried to fight it, but his grip was really tight. “Daddy, stop it.”, I said struggling. He continued and moved down to my neck. “Stop.”, I said. I managed to shove him away and get up. I turned and tried walking up the steps but he yanked my arm and turned me back around. “Who told you to get up and leave? I’m not done with you.”, he said, his voice turning into a yell. “I don’t want you kissing me! You’re my Dad! Not my boyfriend! That’s nasty!”, I said yelling. “Who you think you yelling at?”, he said squeezing my shoulders. “Owwwe, Daddy you’re hurting me!”, I said, tears forming. “Answer my question!”, he said squeezing them harder.

“Okay! Okay! I’m sorry, I won’t do it again! Just please, stop!”, I said crying. He finally released me and said, “I’ll deal with you later.” I ran upstairs and into Devonte’s room crying. I sat on his bed and cried into his bare chest. “What’s wrong Miah?”, he said brushing my hair from my eyes. “He hurt me Vonte! He hurt me!”, I said crying. “Why? H-How did he hurt you?”, he asked looking concerned. I sat up, and tried to explain. “Well, you know how when we first got home, and I changed out of my clothes?”, I said still sniffling and crying. “Yeah..”, he said. “Well.. just as I was about to go to the bathroom, he called me downstairs and pulled me down to sit on his lap. And then.. he asked me ‘How was school?’ and I was like ‘Okay, I guess.’. Then he lifted up my chin and kissed my cheek, then kissed closer to my lips, and then kissed me on my lips.”, I said sobbing.

“I tried to get up but he pulled me back down onto his lap, and he kissed me on my lips. I tried to fight it, but his grip was really tight.”, I said sniffling. I told him everything else that happened, and he comforted me. “I’m sorry, Miah. Sorry that I wasn’t able to help you.”, he said hugging me. I cried into his neck and whimpered, saying, “I just want to have a normal life for once.” “I know..”, he said rubbing my arm. “I do too. Just, sleep on it okay? You can lay in my bed if you want.” “Thanks. I love you big bro.”, I said kissing his cheek. “Love you too lil sis.”, he said wiping my tears away. I laid down in his bed and watched t.v. He laid down beside me. I cried myself to sleep on his chest.

When I woke up, Vonte was gone. I got up and rubbed my eyes. I went to Liyah’s room and she was asleep, as always, Then I went to the bathroom, then went downstairs. No sign off the rapist. Thank God. I went into the kitchen and fixed me some Frosted Flakes. I sat on the sofa and watched t.v. I started watching Basketball Wives when there was a knock at the door. I sat my cereal on the side table and went too the door to see who was knocking. I looked through the peep hole and saw Josh standing there. How the hell did he find my house? I opened the door and stepped outside. “Hey boo.”, he said smiling. “Uh, hey. How’d you find my house?”, I asked concerned.