Chapter 2

It had been exactly one week when something else happened. However, Hate was always on my mind and I was even more uneasy in my room then I had been before. It was late at night, but I'm not sure exactly what time because who actually looks at the clock. All I know was that it was dark and my parents and many siblings were asleep. I was the only one awake. I was scrolling through various internet pages looking for another scary story to read when one came to life in front of me.

"Taylor.....I'm on the second step." I heard a familiar voice call. I realized almost immediately that this was the voice of Hate (which I am fairly certain isn't the thing's real name). Great, I was in the same situation as before. I sat expected the voice to call out again but all I heard were quick, purposeful, footsteps heading towards my bedroom door. Then, they stop.

For a brief moment I considered calling out and saying something along the lines of "Hey Hate! Long time no see!" but I resisted the urge. Knocks slowly began to sound at my door, then my windows, and finally my mirror. I froze, mirrors always scared me, my least favorite scary stories involved them. All at once the knocking stopped and was replaced my eerie singing. Now, I won't tell you what song or what it sounded like exactly, but think of any song from any horror movie and that will about sum it up.

Before I tell you the next part of this story, I will need to give you a little bit of the layout of my bedroom. Well, just my closet really. The entrance to the attic is in my closet, without a ladder or anything making it almost impossible to get up there. Across from that was my bed, so I could see into my closet and the attic door if I turned my head in one direction.

Anyway, back to the story. I heard a noise coming from my closet, and I turned my head to look at it. At first, I saw nothing, but then I saw a black figure slowly stick it's head out of the attic door. I looked away, terrified, but I didn't scream, I didn't runaway, I didn't yell for my parents or brothers. No, I sat there on my computer, refusing to look at my closet. The attic door slammed shut, causing me to jump, but I still didn't look, too afraid to see what lurked in my closet.

"Taylor, I seeeeee you." Hate's voice drifted from my closet "I brought a friend." I froze, not knowing what to do. Footsteps could be heard in the attic, AKA across my ceiling. Suddenly, a shadow crossed my face and I immediately knew who it was, still, I didn't take my eyes off of my computer.

"I think that I'll leave you my friend. Just to keep an eye on you, of course. I will see you again in two weeks time." With that, Hate was gone, but the footsteps in the attic continued. The door to the attic opened an slammed shut multiple times, but the footsteps would always pick back up.

It's safe to say I didn't sleep that night. Hate's last words echoed in my ears as the footsteps continued. I would have two weeks to prepare myself for Hate's next visit and two weeks to survive Hate's friend's torment. Two weeks.

The next two weeks were awful. The thing in my attic continued to torment me, so I never slept anymore. Of course, my family noticed but didn't say anything. It was the night before the two week mark and I've been terrified to close my eyes, but maybe that would have been better if I had closed them because I saw something out of the corner of my eye. A dark featureless creature, not a person, but a creature. It didn't speak but stood watching me. I reached for the my phone to take a picture of it, but a cold dead hand gave me the phone before I could grab it. I jumped back and ran past the creature, and out of my bedroom. I didn't go back in my room all night, or even in the morning.

The worst part of this all is I knew that I would be home 'alone' the next night, the two week mark, with Hate and her 'friend'.