First Encounter

When I reached 10th grade after all the torture I had to endure I finally found a person who I could truly feel close to. When I first met him he was actually very quiet and withdrawn. He seemed to be in a bad mood all the time and had an intimidating aura that kept people away.

The day I met him was the day that things finally started looking up.

It was lunch time and I was sitting at my usual table, alone, listening to music when one of my typical bullies came up and started teasing me. Because of my headphones I didn't notice her until she got annoyed at me and grabbed me roughly by the arm thinking that I was ignoring her. Looking at her scared by the sudden contact I tried pulling away but her anger made her strong and her grip did not falter.

"You're hurting me, let go." I said timidly before regretting my decision of speaking by the sudden pain on my cheek.

"Shut up, nobody wants to hear what you have to say" the girl readied her hand to strike me again and I waited for the pain.

When the blow did not land I slowly opened my eyes to find the girl's hand held in mid strike by a mysterious stranger. The hair covering his eyes kept me from seeing most of his face.

I stared, shocked and unmoved. This was the first time anyone had ever stood up for me. 

The girl snapped at him, "What the hell are you doing, let go!". 

The unifentified boy smirked under his dark hair and said "YOU didn't let HER go when she asked you did you". "So why should I listen to you?"  he seemed satisfied with himself for a moment but then his smirk faltered and his mood changed completly. He became almost sad and seemed sort of broken. "What would you do with a second chance if i gave it to you?"

She looked at him dumbfounded and confused by his sudden change in mood while I just stared at him trying to figure him out and wondering who he was and if he was even the same person anymore.

He seemed cold and menacing. Time seemed to slow. People had started to stare and I didn't know what to do with dozens of piercing eyes focused on us.