Tonight Will be Different ~Jc~

I told Kian that I was going to hang out with Dom.

I really just needed a minute to regroup.

Dom has been trying to get me to join him for a cruise during spring break. Normally, I'd jump at any chance to get out of the country, but everything seemed off centre recently.

The weight of my feelings and thoughts were just too much to handle.

Last night after Kian left my room, I felt like I was going to break apart.

He left food at my bedside, I couldn't touch it. It felt wrong to.

His shoulder had bumped mine as he walked out, he moved with purpose.

He was mad.

I knew that.

It took every fibre of my being to not snap. I had to keep it together, if not for the sake of me then for the sake of him.

I can't lose him. He is my best friend.

"Ey Jc!"

"Hey Dom." My voice sounded strained, fucking hell.

"Dude. You sound like you're in pain. Lighten up, the guys are planning to go clubbing!"

A wave of terror filled my gut. A premonition that something was going to go wrong rang throughout my body.

I gulped. "I think I'll pass..."

"Fuck NO! You can't Jay! Come on, you've been acting off centred recently, throw back a couple shots and losen up!"

My head began pounding profusely. There it was again, me acting off centred. There was no way in hell that tonight would go smoothly.

"D..Dom.."

"No Jay! You have to come."

***

The club was packed. Sweaty bodies filled the room, the smell of musk and alcohol lingered in the air.

It didn't nauseate me anymore. It used to, but I had grown accustomed to it overtime.

Dom and I walked to the back where the bar was located. The bartender gave me a small smile, her name tag stood out.

It was blinged with small diamond sequins. Her name was etched into the plate with careful precision.

Sapphire

Her name was Sapphire. Pretty.

She was wiping down the counter in front of me. She gave me a grin and pulled a pen out of the back of her bun. Her hair tumbled down her shoulders in soft blonde waves.

"What can I get you?" Her voice came out bold and sultry.

I raised my brows and shook my head lightly. "I'm good"

"No he's not!" Dom interjected.

I sighed carefully, keeping my patience at bay. I can't get wasted tonight.