Chapter 2

A New Home

"Who's she?" Kyo asks anger was naturally flowing in his voice. "Some girl who fell right in front of us and insisted that she was fine and we go home" the older man shuffles his newspaper and I flicker my eyes open. "Then why is she here?" Kyo sits at the small square table. "Yuki has his suspicions about her" the man stands and walks to the kitchen where Tohru is, Kyo walks upstairs to his room I guess.

I quickly stand and walk down the hall......their house is so beautiful inside and out. "Ugh! You damn rat! Why would you let a complete stranger in this house!" Kyo screams and I hear footsteps tumble down the stairs, I bolt down the hall and out the door. "Miss!" The older man yells but I'm faster then him.

I run off of the dirt pathway and onto the sidewalk, getting closer to the school I realize I'm in Prince Yuki's clothes. I ignore it and run inside and to my locker, I see my extra uniforms and grab one my legs kill with agony of exhaustion. I reach the school bathroom and quickly change into my uniform, stuffing Yuki's clothes in a paper bag I squeeze it in my small locker.

"Hey why are you at school so early?" A teacher asks and I shrug walking past him. I'm just a burden. I won't be if I'm gone. I quickly run down the hall and up the stairs to the top of the building, my shoes crunch against the small pebbles on the roof. It will all be over.

I pull myself onto the ledge and stand there the wind lightly blowing though my hair, I look down and see everyone walking into the school as the bell rings through the air I sigh. I wonder what Prince Yuki and the others are thinking? They probably already forgot about me.

"I wonder what happened to Makita oh I hope she is ok?" Tohru walks up the stairs and silence drives it's way to the area. "Ms. Thane?" Prince Yuki's voice flashes with worry but I ignore it. "Go away!" I yell as the wind blows harder I feel myself leaning forward. "What the hell!" Kyo yells as a tear slides down my cheek I feel a pair of arms grab ahold of me and pull me back.

I land on the person and a pile of smoke bursts into the air, I slowly stand and look around. "Now look what you've done! You damn rat!" Kyo shouts and I back up until I hit the tall ledge. I gaze at the tiny mouse surrounded by Prince Yuki's clothes. I quickly run to the door and down the stairs as I charge to class I feel fear and an unknown emotion swish around my body. What did I just see?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I walk down the crowded hall the final bell rings and everyone rushes out of class. "Ms. Thane?" Prince Yuki taps my shoulder and I jump while twirling around and looking at him. "I'm sorry you had to see me that way....." he looks at me his beautiful purple eyes shine at me and I look down.

"You aren't hurt are you?" he asks worriedly and I shake my head. "That's good" he sighs and I nod as I see Tohru walk with Kyo closer to Yuki I start to walk away. "Wait!" Prince Yuki yells and I turn looking at him in a funny way. "What should we do about Ms. Thane?" he asks as I look at them Kyo looks at Tohru. "We can't erase her memory" Tohru looks at them with fear and I look at them.

"We might have to" Kyo looks at Tohru and I feel like I'm the oddball, I drag my feet to walk away and they don't even say a word. "Ms. Thane you have no where to go you should stay with us" Prince Yuki suggests and I shake my head. "You have no where to go please just one night you can share a room with Ms. Honda" he pleads grabbing my arm and turning me around.

"If it's ok with her" I point to Tohru and she nods. "Oh of corse you can stay in my room as long as you want" she smiles at me and I nod. "So you will stay with us?" Prince Yuki questions. "Only for a few days then I'm out" I look at the three of them and Tohru smiles widely.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Dinner is ready!" Tohru shouts through the house and I huddle in the corner of the room. "Ms. Thane?" Prince Yuki knocks on the door and opens it. He stares blankly at me as I gaze at him through my thick black hair he kneels down to me. "Super is ready" his soft voice reaches my ears and I sit up flashing my green eyes at him.

"I'll be down in a minute" I whisper and he stands as he stops at the doorway I feel his eyes on me. As he walks out I feel tears burst out of my eyes, I huddle back against the wall and cry. "So Shigure what have you been doing today?" Tohru asks as the dishes clank together I stand and walk to the top of the stairs.

"Probably lying to his editor and fooling around all day" Prince Yuki says with an emotionless tone in his voice. As I walk down the stairs I quietly hide behind the door eavesdropping on them. "Ah! What a horrible thing to say!-" He stands up as I peek from behind the door I see him purposely being dramatic.

"I told my editor that I was taking a break for today and of corse she didn't like that but I dont care! I wanted to take a break from writing!" He holds his hand to his chest and closes his eyes like he is being a saint and he is innocent. "She called didn't she?" Prince Yuki asks biting into his food. "Only about ten times" He smiles sitting back down on the cushion.

"Oh hello Makita" Tohru cheers and all of their eyes point to me. "Come sit with us your dinner is getting cold" Tohru scoots over and I sit next to her, as I take a small bite into the food it gets silent. As Tohru makes conversation with Kyo and Shigure I nibble onto the rice and drink the amazing soup. I set my bowl down and wipe my lips, as I look up I see Prince Yuki looking at me.

I quickly look away from him as I stand up I bring my dishes to the kitchen. "I can do that for you" Tohru takes them from my hands. "I had heard what had happened the other night you must be tired you should rest" Tohru brings the dishes into the kitchen and I stand there.

"She's right you should get some rest" Prince Yuki looks up at me from his spot at the table and I nod.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The darkness of the room makes me go blind for a few seconds while my eyes adjust to it I hear Tohru toss herself to the other side of her body on the bed. The urge for water was making my throat dry, as I stealthily get to the bottom of the stairs I hear Prince Yuki talking to Shigure. "Do you think they will erase her memory?" Prince Yuki wonders and I press my back against the wall they keep talking.

"Maybe........they might make an acception for her what with being homeless and accepting the offer to stay here" Shigure's voice is serious now no longer childish. "Hopefully they do" Prince Yuki sighs as he walks closer to where I am I start to walk forward. As he walks into me a puff of smoke blows into the hall, I sit there on the floor and watch the rat look up at me with Prince Yuki's eyes.

"What are you?" I ask as Shigure walks into the hall he see's what happened. "Let us explain" The rat speaks in Prince Yuki's voice. "You're going to erase my memory......" I mutter lowwly and the rat sets his tiny paws on my feet. "No we aren't.......at least we don't think so it's not our choice" He looks down and I sigh. Goodbye memory.