Blue Eyes💙

"Please" I grabbed his arm once more but he continued to slip away. "You're the only one that's stayed and you promised you wouldn't leave. At least not now, not when I need you the most. Please, at least look at me. If you're going to leave look me in the eye and do it then!"

"You have to stop trying to hold onto something that's already gone." His voice was so monotonous that I almost did not recognize it.

"Look at me dammit!"

I saw his body stiffen as he turned around and looked at me. His blue eyes rested upon mine. My average brown eyes were nothing compared to his. His eyes were like ocean waves landing upon the rocks on a warm Summer's day, but today was not a warm Summer's day. And the ocean waves had completely stopped. As I looked at him it felt as if I was looking at a stranger.

"We have stuck together through it all and the least I deserve is an explanation to why you, my best friend, is so easily deciding to leave me."

He stepped closer.

"Easily? Is that what you think it is? You think this is easy?! Well let me tell you something and then you tell me if this is easy for me. I have watched you fall in love with the wrong guys for the past five years, I was there to cry on after each one of them left. Watching you hurt, it made me want to beat the person that caused it. They never appreciated what they had but yet they got the chance to have you. And I would have given anything to have the chance to call you mine. Why? Because I'm in love with you!"

He paused and I could feel his gaze on my head that had fallen in shame.

"I have been in love with you since the first day I heard you laugh in art class because you had spilled the entire can of paint on the both of us. Because right after that you looked up at me and said 'I think this is the start of a wonderful friendship' and ever since then my life has never been the same. Now tell me, do you think what I'm doing is easy?"

It was now I that could not look him in the eyes. I could not look into his eyes because the oceans that had been harbored inside his eyes all these years were beginning to flood out. And it was my fault.

"I'm not saying I'm leaving forever but the more I stay and love you, well the more I begin to stop loving myself. And that's something I can't afford."

He stepped in front of me, lifted my head and gave me a kiss. I had never felt a kiss like this. He then pulled away, turned around, and walked away.

I haven't seen him since...