Bonds and Strengths of a Family

Playing and running on the wide hallways of an old country house in England. Turning into a corner, carefully sneaking close to the living room to see our father. Wearing his finest gentleman's vest with his favorite green tie. Sitting there, having his usual hourly routine of English tea and newspaper.

Lookin at their father having his quiet moment in the living room, Alfred carefully whispered to his brother Matthew.

Young Alfred: "Brother, I've been curious about something..."

Young Matthew: "Eh? What could it be, brother? Tell me..."

Young Alfred: "I was wondering if Dad's strong..."

Young Matthew: "Really? Wow..."

Young Alfred: "I know! Let's ask Dad!!"

Young Matthew: "Um... okay... I guess we can ask him together..."

Young Alfred: "Let's do it right now, silly brother!!"

Coming out fast into the living room corner to reach our father. Seeing us running and he quickly folded his newspaper. Tugging hard on his pants with our tiny, little hands. Looking down at us with his green eyes and a surprised expression.

Young Alfred: "Dad! DAD!! We're curious on how strong you are!!"

Young Matthew: "Oh, father... Please show us... Please!!"

Arthur Kirkland: "Okay, okay! All right , little lads... Now hold on tight... because... HERE WE GO!!"

Young Alfred and Matthew: "WHEEE!!!"

You've reached down and gently lifted us up, as we held our little hands tight in each of your arms... You've showed your strength along with our bonds with a happy smile.

Arthur Kirkland: "AH HA HA!! You see, little lads... this is how strong your Papa really is!!"

Young Alfred and Matthew: "YAY!! WHEEHEE!!"

When we bond as a family with our similarities and differences, we show the rest of the world just how lovable our family is.

When our family's strengths are combined - whether they're great or small - we show the rest of the world just how stronger together our family really is.