Saying Good-Bye

WARNING!

Strong language will be used and some scenes in the book may be too inappropriate for some audiences. You have been warned.  +16

                                                                             X X X X X

       A maze of hallways as far as the eye could see, lined with rows of lockers and doors. The busy bodies walking in two lines. Conversations merging together to make a blur of words. This is the prison that my parents send me to for hours. 

"Armelle, are you listening?" Farah beckoned as I snapped back to our conversation.

"Erm yes?" I said with a sly smile and a slight shrug.

       It's not like I don't know the topic of what she was going on about. Farah is my best friend, but she has a bad temper and I'm not just saying that. She really does. She literally hit a guy in the head with her purse because he cut her off while she was walking in the mall. Needless to say we got kicked out of the mall and was told it's best that we don't come back. Around she was known as Amazon Farah because she was tall, for a girl, her skin a perfect tan, her long jet black Pocahontas  hair, and to top it all off her slim hour glass figure. One thing no one understood about her was the fact she always wore dresses. 

"Okay, then who was I thinking about going to the dance with?" She tested, knowing very well I missed it.

"Jace?" 

"You got lucky this time." She said under her breath. "So what has you so distracted?"

      What has me distracted? Oh right, the family reunion. I don't even know why we are going. The only reason we are going is because my great grandmother was told she won't see next year. So now we have to cram a whole month in with my family. That means hello slutty cousins acting like they give a rats ass. 

"Just this family reunion. Dad says this time everyone is supposed to come and visit through the month so he wants to extend it to a month. I can't even survive 10 minutes with them so how am I gonna manage a month?" I said truthfully. 

"What? A month? What about school? What about me?" 

"What about you?"

"You didn't think you could just get rid of me for a month did you?" She challenged as we turned down the first hall on the right.

"Of course, gosh, you didn't think I could sneak you in my luggage, did you?"

"Yes," She shot back.

       I laughed as she gave me the look of disappointment, but that only made me laugh harder.  As much as I love my best friend things aren't as simple as that. My dad would kill me if she came along. As much as I love her, my parents do not. They think she's a bad influence, but what do they know? We're young and it's normal if we get in trouble from time to time.

"Well, as much as I would love to I can't. Dad says no friends allowed. Rain check, though?" I suggest as a kind of I'm-sorry-my-dad-sucks apology.

"Fine. My house as soon as you get back. If I find out you didn't I will personally hunt you down and kick your ass myself." She said as a bubble of giggles erupted.

       Nodding, I walk into my first class and probably only class, Psychology. Taking my seat in the back, I pulled my notebook from my backpack, taking down the notes on the board. Groaning to myself, I mentally kick myself. I was dumb enough not to take my dad's offer to skip school all together, but no I wanted to tell Farah that I was leaving for a month. Yay me. 

                                                                     X X X X X

So this is something I have been mulling over for awhile and I have decided I would publish it and see what everyone thinks of this story. It means a lot! So decided I will give shout outs to the first 5 people who comment! Love you all! 

COMMENT!

VOTE!

FOLLOW!