Greetings From Hell

"Honey," My mom's soft voice rang through the fog. "Time to wake up, we're here!"

Slowly prying my eyes open, the night sky greeting my sensitive eyes. The smell of trees and grass filling the air. Definitely has been awhile since the last time we were here. The house still the same as I remember it. The poor run down one level house. The yellow paint flaking off, the windows were dusty with little doodles still barely visible, the wooden steps look like they are barely hanging on. I will never survive here for a month!

  "Home sweet home," My father cheerfully said as he pushes his way towards the front door.

  "Mom, we aren't really staying in this house for a month, are we?" I pushed, peeling myself from the car. "This place literally looks like its falling apart!"

  "Honey, look it's just temporary. Plus no way am I sleeping without A/C," She gleamed. "So with that being said, we are going to be staying in a hotel. You'll have your own room so you don't have to share with your parents.  Oh and don't even think about trying to sneak off for the month because the front desk will be alerted about you."

  I swear you sneak out one time and that's all anyone thinks you'll do. Steadily walking up the stairs, I stood next to my mom as she opened the door. Clouds of dust pushing up, the old cabin looking interior is new. Last time I was here it was just cracked walls and floors that you could easily fall through. Can't say I don't like it, but I definitely don't hate it.

  "Guys back here!" My dad yelled as he carried on with my granny.

  Walking down the long hallway, stopping at the second door on the left. Granny was the same frail silver haired lady that I knew so long ago. Her eyes look darker than they used to, the bags under her eyes seemed to drag down as if she hasn't slept in decades.

  "Well, don't just stand there child! Come give granny some love!" Her voice still the raspy smoker voice.

  Yeah, guess much really hasn't changed. It's still the same family hell.

  "Hey, granny, how are you feeling? Haven't been pushing it too much, have you?" My mother cooed as she took a seat on the end of the bed.

  "Oh please, I may be old, but I'm not dead yet and until then I will continue doing what I want." Granny snapped.

  "No that's not wh-"

  "I'm joking! I'm fine, don't worry about me so much."

  Pushing out a sigh, I walked to give her a hug, her frail body barely able to actually hug me back. She was weaker than I had ever seen her. Her skin almost a blue color, the smell of death hovering around her. Something was different though. I can't put my finger on it, but the weight in my stomach never budging since walking in her room. Is it the feeling that this could be our last month with her? The real goodbye that's to come? Whatever it is it can't be good.

_______________________________________

Hey everyone! Sorry if it's short. I know it's been awhile, but had some things come up. Hope you all enjoy the story so far! Remember to

COMMENT!

AND

SPREAD THE WORD!!!!!!