Constellations

To the world , I am ignorant . I am like a caveman, not aware of change , unaware of evolution. It is because in the past 10 years , nothing has changed in my life. I'm still stuck in the same white room, same clothes, same bed and the same illness.

"Time for lunch Maykii," Kuya Badong , the nurse said .

"Oh, same old boring food," I said with sarcasm.

"But this same old boring food will help you , it will heal you," he reminded.

What can I do ? I need to be better. No matter what food that is , as long as its for my own good , I'll eat it without any second thoughts. I really need to fight my disease in order to meet the world. To greet people , play with dogs, go to the mall and other stuff that people do on tv. The last time I was outside was when I was 5  . Back when I was an innocent child. I am Mayki Delaflor, and I am fighting cancer. Its hard not to be normal. Declining the world I used to live. Turning my back to the place I made memories, it's sad, not being able to go out and explore the world's corners.

"Dig in , Mike," kuya Badong snapped me out of my thoughts.

I began to eat the food I've been eating for 10 years.

"Make sure to finish all of it ,"he reminded then he headed out of the room .

I did what he told me. Cleared my plate and caught the one last drop of soup.

"What to do?" I asked myself.

But then I remembered that the room was my world. I had nothing to do but to play a staring game with the white walls or talk to the person on TV. I could only have one proper happy day when Kuya Badong's off from work. He would visit me when it's his day off and play games with me, tell me stories about the world's change. He would cheer me up when I am feeling so down. He is like a big brother to me. He is the reason why my days in the hospital aren't dull and  blank sometimes.

"Haaayz," I said as I come to the conclusion that I am off to no good.

I laid on the hospital bed and closed my eyelids.

I was dreaming all sorts of stuff when I heard a sound from my door.

It was a man's breathe. He was catching his breath. I was curious of who he was, so I opened my eyes and rose from bed.

"Who are you?"I asked.

"Shhh. I'll tell you later," he said as he peeked outside the hallway.

When the sound of a group of people passed by he let out a sigh. And then he smiled.

"Thanks for going with the flow ,I'm Ivan by the way," he said as he grew closer to me  .

I was surprised. It was my first time to actually meet new people in the past 10 years. I only knew kuya Badong, the other nurses and my family besides that I didn't had the chance to have interaction with another human.

"H-hi ," I stammered.

"Ivan Reyes,"he said then handed his hands.

"Mayki Delaflor, call me Mike," I said then responded to his handshake.

After  introducing ourselves. Ivan stayed for a little while. He was the same age as me, and he was hiding before because he was afraid of injection .

"HAHAHHAHA! Scaredy cat !"I said .

"It's my first time,"he defended.

I just laugh at him . The room was filled with my big laughs . I never laughed this hard in my entire life .