Chapter 40- Final Chapter

"Girls, can you please be good for Mommy? I need to finish up the packing. We are leaving tonight after the show. I need to get done" Meryl says as she brings the Rylan and Olivianna back into the master and closing the door this time. She puts the TV on to Disney Jr and puts their toys in front of them. They finally seem to settle so Meryl can get to work packing.

She has had to pull their cold weather clothes back out to pack for their trip to Michigan. She and Charlie had officially agreed to skate at the showcase. Just like they had talked about, they are staying for almost a week. Cheryl and Paul have agreed to watch the girls on Meryl and Maks' anniversary.

Meryl has finished Kamri luggage. She had requested her help the night before to pick the clothes she wants to wear. Meryl is digging through the bins of winter clothes that would fit Rylan and Olivianna. They need 6 outfits even though they are staying for 5 days because they are flying out early Tuesday morning and will fly home in their pajamas. Being the over packer and cautious Mom she is, Meryl packs two extra outfits for each.

"Mommy, play" Rylan says.

"Sorry Sissy. I'm almost done."

She rushes to put the younger girls clothes and things she had already pulled into a suitcase. She was just about to start on her clothes but her phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Hey Mer. It's Stella."

"Hi Stella. How are you?"

"I'm good. I'm calling because I know you are packing and you have the girls by yourself. I bet it's overwhelming and I'm offering to watch the girls while you finish packing."

"You are such a life saver. Are you sure Stella?"

"Yes. You helped us so many times so I owe you."

"You don't owe me but I'll take you up on your offer. Rylan was just complaining she is bored since I have us closed in my bedroom."

"Great.  I will head up your way and pick up the girls."

"Thank you so much Stella. This will really help. I won't be too long. I just have to pack my clothes and skating stuff. I should probably check Maks' too. Oh, and the carry on bags."

"No problem, Meryl. Take your time."

"Well you have to get ready for tonight too and..."

"We'll be fine Mer. I'll see you soon."

"Yes. See you soon."

"Rylan, Olivianna, how would you like to go play with Mrs. Stella?"

"Stella?" Rylan asks.

"Yes, Mrs. Stella.

"Yay!"

"Come on. Let's go get your shoes."

~

"Hello?"

"Hi Stella. It's Meryl."

"Oh hi. How did packing go?"

"Great. I finished. Thank you so much. I have a plan for you. I usually pick Kamri up from school a bit early on show days so we can get a small dinner and change before the show. I don't know what your plan was but I was wondering if you would want me to pick up Ian and Iyla too."

"Oh I hadn't thought about that. That would probably make things a bit less stressful. Are you sure?"

"Yes. You have my girls so it's the least I could do. I'll drop off the twin when I pick up the girls."