Chapter-1

Mrs. Knipe looked at her grandchild Claurice, a teenage girl with pea like lips, and honey-colored hair. The elderly lady let out a cough so as to distract Claurice but couldn't succeed. Then she stood up from her rickety rocking chair and went near the rosewood bed on which the beautiful body of Claurice was lying unconsciously from her surroundings. She was probably dreaming about her Prince charming whom she believed would come one day and take her to his world.

Neither of the two could deny the possibility of this scenario to fail because Mrs. Knipe too was stuck in her childhood due to the blunt force trauma caused by her daughter-in-law, mother of Cluarice, almost three years ago. Mrs. Knipe, a woman of mid-sixties was strong built, a tad masculine and had a peculiar dressing sense. For now she was wearing a mini skirt and a matching top, usually she would wear torn jeans and push-up bras.

"Wake up Sissy, we gotta play hide-n-seek", She whispered near the petal like soft ear of Claurice.

Claurice opened her eyes slowly, looking at the less feminine figurine of her childish grandma and let out a soft squeak. "It's me girl, look at this awesome dress i am wearing", She turned back and her enormous bottom covered all the eyesight Claurice had.

"Ewwww, Claire you shouldn't be wearing these things, it's not hip anymore", she lied.

"But it's yours, look closely. I nicked it away from your wardrobe." Claire smiled and looked at her grand daughter in a macho way.

"No way ", She looked at Claire disapprovingly.

Then she remembered that this skirt was during her high school Prom night, She used to be so bulky back then, and a giggle sailed over her peachy moon-lit face.

It has been almost two years since then and she had lost a huge amount of weight, all thanks to her strict excercising schedule and a balanced diet.

"Grandm..sorry, Claire, it's alright. if you like it, you can keep it ", but when did you arrive? i thought you were due this Christmas, and by the way, who accompanied you? " She asked interpolating the details about how and when her Grandma landed at her place from 700 miles afar.

"Your Dad, who else would it be. You know what, i have been sitting on that goddamn thing you call a chair for almost a decade waiting for you to wake up, but you were too busy with your dream cuddles and making outs." Claire sighed sarcastically.

"No, i wasn't doing either of them", Claurice smiled . "In fact i was trapped in a vortex, millions of light years ahead and a black hole seemed nearby which was filled with Sphinx, Griffins and hell lot of Phoenixes." She casually lied. It was evident from the way she rolled her eyes which tells that  Grandma's story had somewhat more accuracy to the content she presented.

Claurice was 19, blue eyes and long face, not the "long face" long face but the apt one which would make a beauty peagant contestant envy her. Yet she cared less about herself and dreamed  a lot lately, maybe because of drugs, as she was suffering from Parkinson's disease and wasn't allowed to go outside.

The Doctors had told that her losing weight was the main reason she caught this disease as this type of disorder would most likely happen to older people. She had extirpated around 100 lbs of body fat and this sudden loss has made her a victim of the disease. Her father, a divorced man with a job of assistance to the P.O of the State Attorney wasn't much financially strong as his separation had sucked up all his savings and there remained a huge loan against his name which was for the treatment of his only daughter.

"Let's take you outside, out into the gardens", she said and grabbed her grandma's hand.

"Yes, hide-n-seek i so wanna play it", the old lady murmured and walked outside along with Claurice.