Chapter 2

Xander POV

After a long day of running around getting what was due, I headed home. I lived on the outside of town almost covered in forest the nearest neighbor is 10 acres away from my house and the house has been abandoned for a couple of years. As I turned into my drive to go to my house I stop seeing lights on in the abandoned and decided to turn out my drive and check it out. As I pull up and cut the engine I hear what seems to be a baby crying and soft music in the background.  I knocked on the door and waited for someone to answer. When the door a girl was standing there holding twins and juggling a phone. I chuckled and reached out saying "I'm your neighbor, this house has been vacant for a while so when I saw the lights on I came to check it out, would you like some help?" She nodded handing me one of the crying baby's and immediately let me in. "I'm Amber and the twin your holding is Huntress because of her hazel eyes and this is Elizabeth she has blue eyes." She lead me into the living room which looked like the only room that was lived in. Now that I can fully see her I can tell she has neck tattoos along with some on her legs and arms. " So were are you from?" "Australian state Prison, I spent the 12 years in jail, Elizabeth and Huntress are 2 months old." I nodded wow this girl has been threw a lot and definitely needs a job. "Ill make you a deal if I can find you a babysitter  you will come work for me." She stared at me then sighed and nodded laying the baby in her arms down in a small portable crib by a blanket on the floor. " Okay but I have to approve of the babysitter." I nodded and laid the baby in my arms beside her sister and watched as the cuddled closer to each other. " I'll send her over in the morning, just fair warning it will be my mom she's the only one I know that can handle twins." She nodded and walked me to the door. "Well I'm going to bed I've been out less than 24 hours and I want to just sleep by my baby's" I nodded and headed home to leave her to her baby's. On the way home I kept think of the woman who fresh out of jail ends up in Cali. and with 2 baby's no less. I made it all the way to my bedroom without even realizing it because I was caught up with the girl next door. I fell asleep that night with green eyes in my dreams.