Chapter 1

Today was the same as any other Friday afternoon after Christine arrived home from school. She sat on her galaxy printed bed listening to Melanie Martinez scrolling through Tumblr like any 16 year old non girly-girl would did. "Ugh" Christine let out has she heard her little siblings screaming. She then yelled to her mother saying "MOM! CAN YOU TELL THEM TO SHUT UP?!". Then, her phone buzzed. It was from her friend Samantha. It read "Hey Chris do you want to go out to the movies in 30 I'll drive". Suddenly, excitement came upon her. "MOM CAN I GO TO THE MOVIES WITH SAM?" she asked. "IS YOUR ROOM CLEANED?" her mother replied. Christine, while picking clothes and pencils on the floor, replied "YES". "CHRIS STOP YELLING AND JUST COME IN HERE" her mother says back. She lightly jogs into her mother's bedroom. Her father was supposedly killed in a cross fire 1 year ago but his body was never found. "So can I go?" she asked innocently.  Her mother lets out a sigh. "Be safe, don't wonder away, don't talk to strangers and stay away from other people's car. Do you have your phone?". Chris was overwhelmed with joy. "Yup. And trust me, I don't want to be kidnapped and I won't allow myself to even have the option to be kidnapped.". "Thank you for your reassurance Chris. How much do you need for the movie?". Chris tried to hide her smile. She was so happy for some reason. "Um about.. $14 I think?". Why are movies so expensive? "OK here is a 20 and buy a snack with the extra money or something." "Thanks Mom love you. I'll be home soon."

Samantha pulled up a few minutes later, earlier than expected. "Her speed might help one day.." Chris thought to herself. "So what movie are we seeing today Sam?" Chis asked while buckling her seat belt. "Uh I guess its like this.. horror-comedy thing. Its advertised on Tumblr." she stated. "Oh! Isn't it called like "Funville" or something like that?" Chris asked. "Oh yeah that's what it is. OhmygodChrisIforgottotellyouguesswhathappenedtoday!!" Sam said. "Jeez Sam speak English. I'm afraid to ask but what Sam, what happened today.". Chris had to be careful to not get herself involved in Sam's love life because once you enter, there is no exit. "OK soooooooooo apparently Mark has been cheating on me with Jessica!" she exclaimed. "Oh my god not Jessica! She's terrible!" Chris yelled. "OK we're here now I'll go get the tickets. You can go in if you want." said Samantha as she hopped out the car. "See you inside!" Chris yelled to Sam as she walked across the parking lot over to the ticket booth. 

When they arrived into the movie, it was just starting. Not many people were there. "I guess that busy on Fridays at 4:30." Chris thought to herself. "Now, lets just forget our problems and just focus on the move, Sam." Chris whispered. They laughed and screamed, even cried, throughout the movie. 

While walking out the theater, the only word said was "Wow.". The drive back to Chris's home was very silent. Then something broke it... "OH MY GOD SAM DID YOU SEE THAT!?" yelled Chris. "DID I SEE WHAT? WHAT HAPPENED?!" Both girls were freaking out. Chris said "I SWEAR TO GOD I SAW THE LITTLE MASKED MAN KILLER FROM THE MOVIE BEHIND THE CAR! I JUST SAW HIM AGAIN BUT HE WAS CLOSER!" Sam, trying to calm Chris down said "Chris, you've had a long day. I think you're just tired. Go home and get some rest." "You're probably right. Thanks for the ride. See you soon!"

Chris ate dinner and went to sleep. All was good until she woke up very sweaty to a shadow in her room. She blinked and it went away. She glanced at the clock to see it not one second past 12:00 am.