I Don't Need A Glass Slipper

“Para ka talagang lalaki”

The comment I usually hear from people when they hear me gush about a crush or tell them the surprises I planned for my exes. I guess, I can’t deny the fact that contrary to what the Filipino culture/tradition entails, I’m not really the most Maria Clara type, most of the time I find myself initiating or finding ways as to how I can make a good impression towards someone I like. After my last relationship, I told myself it was about time to start acting like a girl and not settle for anything less than a Cinderella treatment, but lately I realized that it wasn’t like me to do that. I guess, the reason why I do so much for someone I like is ’cause I believe that that person deserves nothing but the best, that I wouldn’t mind catering to his every command or need if it’s what would make him happy. I know a lot of people won’t believe me when I say this, but I’m constantly in search for THE ONE. I won’t deny I find a lot of guys cute and all, but that’s a completely different thing from when I find myself liking someone and seeing that he just might be it, he just might be the one. I always believed that you can’t find something if you don’t look for it and that you can’t find out unless you give something a try. I’ve come to realize that that’s just really how I am, I don’t need to be like every other girl out there who waits for a thousand favors before she decides that that guy just might be the one. Sure, it’s good to be treated like a princess sometimes, but at the same time that special guy needs to be treated like a prince, and I’m more than okay with that.