F I V E

Kai's POV

"You want me to do what?!" I practically yelled as Darren began hauling me back to the counter towards his friend Lucy or whatever.

"Beg for forgiveness. You wanted to act like a little brat and now you're being treated like one." He countered. I frowned as Darren pushed me onto my knees in front of his friend.

She was honestly just overreacting. Maybe if she didn't treat her sub like crap, then maybe I'd be nicer.

I thought back to all my friends from the warehouse who got paired with even worse Doms than Lexi. They either ended up in the hospital lying about their injuries or plotting their suicides.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled before quickly trying to stand up and leave the store.

A hand roughly grabbed my hair and forced me back down to my knees. Then I heard her voice, "You can do better than that, bitch. Show me how sorry you really are." The toe of her foot balanced right above my balls through my shorts.

My thoughts drifted back to my past encounters with people like her.

"Grab his balls. Make him really scared."

I shook my head away from her and I fell back as she sneered at me.

I tried quickly to scramble away from her into Darren's arms. This wasn't my ideal spot for safety, but where else was I supposed to go?

"P-Please don't m-make me do it, Master." I cried out when he looked down at me in surprise.

"Okay, okay. Kai, you're okay." He turned his head to Leslie and spoke, rubbing my back soothingly, "Leila, I'll just take the items. I'll text you later, okay?"

"Yeah, okay." She grabbed the black bag that had the words "Cum Again" written in sharp red font.

I turned back to see her glaring at my back and quickly shuffle out of the store. That was so embarrassing, the way I just ran into his arms like a helpless little bitch.

"Wanna tell me what that was about?" Darren asked quizzically as we found seats in the almost empty food court, where we would meet Caroline.

I shook my head frantically and began staring at the sticky tabletop as if it had an encrypted message on it.

Darren opened his mouth to speak but we heard a shrill squealing voice yelling, "Master!" from across the court.

We both turned our heads to see Caroline with a head full of bouncing curls and acrylic nails holding at least five shopping bags on each arm. Ugh.

He looked at me and gave me a menacing stare before walking towards his brat.

When they reached each other, they exchanged a long kiss before holding hands and striding back to the table.

" . . . And I got that thing you asked for. Is it for me or it?" I overheard a part of their conversation when they got closer.

"It is for Kai, yes. And I'm going to need you to treat him a little better." As they sat down, Caroline glared at me. So I glared right back.

"I also got some new clothes that I think you'll like, Master. Maybe we could try them tonight?" Caroline rested her hand on Darren's thigh.

"Sorry, baby. Tonight I'm training Kai." He looked at her, gauging her reaction.

She glared at me again. As if it was my fault. "Why? He doesn't even respect you like I do! I can do anything. And he can't. He's just a piece of slave trash that you bought because you wanted to try it with a guy. But he's not a guy. He's just a little bitch."

I was taken aback. Caroline was a little angry. But Darren was furious. Before I knew what was happening, he grabbed Caroline's hair in one hand and pulled her up while tugging my arm in the other.

"Master! You're hurting me!" Caroline squealed as we headed out of the mall doors.

"Shut up." Darren growled at her.

When we reached the car, Darren finally released his grip on Caroline's hair. And she dramatically fell onto her knees.

"Get in the car, Kai." I scrambled to open the back door before he stopped me and said, "The front seat."

That's what broke Caroline. The fact that I had taken her seat. She began crying at Darren's feet.

I looked through the tinted windows to see her getting pulled back up by her hair and slapped twice. I had to look away, it made me feel sick.

"Slap him. He won't stop you."

I pulled my knees up to my chest and hid my face. Soon enough, the car door opened and Caroline was pushed inside. Seconds later,  Darren was in the driver's seat, glaring at me.

"Get your feet off of my seat,  Kai." His voice was so low and menacing that I did it immediately.

I still hid my face as the car began lurching forward and speeding out of the lot.

"Sit up, Kai. " Still in the menacing voice. I lifted my head and Darren's face changed from anger to sympathy as he saw my tear-stained face. He reached in the glovebox and pulled out some tissues, "None of that, now."

I quietly wiped my eyes. I don't know why I was being so emotional today. But I think Darren thought it funny because he started laughing at me. I glared at him, "What's fucking funny?"

He snapped his eyes to mine and then back to the road, "Watch your mouth."

I looked in the rearview mirror and saw Caroline looking completely distraught and torn. I handed her a tissue and she started to glare at me but realized that I was her only option.

"Why did you just laugh at me?" I questioned while avoiding Darren's eyes.

"Because you get so upset over the tiniest shit. I think it's funny." He laughed again. As if to spite me 

"I hate you." I muttered.

"Don't talk for the rest of the car ride, Kai." Darren purposefully kept his eyes on the road.

So I spent the rest of the ride thinking of insults. And they were amazing.

~~~

When I woke up, I was in Darren's bed, under the covers. I sat up quickly to realize I had been stripped of my clothes.

After getting over the initial shock of Darren taking off my clothes, I realized that I wasn't going to sit and wait for him all day.

I got up out of bed and trudged throughout the different rooms until I found Caroline. She was curled up. In a cage like an animal. I was infuriated. I hated Darren in that moment. I hated everything. So I did what I wish someone had done for me years ago.

I unlocked her cage.