As Long As You Love Me

They say death is peaceful but its not. It is painful not only for the person who dies because he leaves everything he loves behind but also for the person who lose her beloved for the ill fate. For the family , for friends, for everyone who's someone departs forever. The hole that creates in your heart cannot be cured and the pain be healed. Life is too short to live specially when you are finally with the person you know is the one. God test everything very much that sometimes he tests with death and distress . And nothing will seem fair.

"Laura are you ready?" Ellen called out knocking on the door.
"Am coming mom. Please" she said. Laura was sitting on the chair in front of her dressing table her hair undone , her dress unzipped , her eyes filled with tears which gave her a blurred vision. She drifted of to her memories .

Laura first met Louis Stevenson, 22 and the youngest police in the town when she was waiting tables during her sophomore year in college.
"Order please sir" she asked him avoiding his eyes .
"hey" he said. He came to this coffee shop everyday only to see her and ordered coffee to every other waitresses except Laura who managed her best to keep away from the person gazing at her for months.

"Hello Sir"she replied formally.
"What do you do here" he asked a very foolish question trying to tease her .
" Oh I pour coffee at people's face do you want some sir " she answered equally back.
"calm down lady, lets see. how about a coffee now, here."he said straightly.
"No. Are you going to order or not?" She asked trying to hide her smile. His glittering green eyes , dark hair and his looks was all very disturbing for Laura and constantly avoided looking at his face.
"I am being honest I come here to see you and I am sure as hell that you notice it. I really expect you to come on a date Laura". He said With more of a demanding tone.
"oh god he knows my name, ofcourse he is handsome and know why he comes here" she thought.
" Because you're a cop sir " she said
"How do you know am a cop"
Laura laughed aloud "You are in your uniform sir"
"ofcourse " he said looking at his dress ."So when do you get out of this work"
"9 o'clock "
"9 it is then . I'll pick you up" he stood up smiling and walked out of the cafe leaving Laura in her wild ecstasy. She had tried avoiding him sending other waitresses to take orders for so long and all that has become such a waste in a matter of seconds. His smile , his honesty, his daily visit for months and his wit was enough for Laura to fall for him. It began that night.

They regularly met and had dinners together. They attended parties together and he took her with him while patrolling secretly and she being an arts student somehow managed to pass out of college missing so many classes sneaking out with him.
"I don't understand why you still make my heart pound louder everytime you come near me " one night she confessed when she was kissed and dazzled by him as always after their shopping together for Christmas.

Next month on her birthday Louis invited both their families for dinner one night for getting acquainted each other and that very night he was on his knees finally after two years of their dating . Laura was wearing the black dress he had bought for her.

"I don't think it is too late nor too early to ask you this. But I am on a spell which doesn't seem to lift and the spell I wish will never lift off from me but want it all for myself forever . Because you are the one who has casted it the one who has bewitched me. I am selfish and I don't care because I Don't want to share you with anyone and I want to live my life with you as long as I live, as long as you love me. Laura Martin so please will you do the honor of marrying me?"

Jumping with happiness Laura said yes and they got married in a month on the date they first met in the cafe.

A month later After coming back from their honeymoon in Barbados, Laura called Louis one noon to his police station asking him to come home immediately. Louis who came home Panicking heard a news that changed both their lives.

"Louis am pregnant"she told him. Hearing the happy news Louis scooped her into his arms kissing her. It was a celebration when the twins Liana and Laurent was born.

On the twins' second birthday Louis took them to New York to celebrate lavishly and their forthcoming wedding anniversary too. But That was their last outing. Their last happy weekend as a family together.

"Laura come out its time we are late" Ellen called again pulling her back from the memories of Louis and her happy days.

Now a widow at a very young age she stood in front of the mirror getting ready. When she bought this spare mourning dress Laura never thought she would wear it for her own husband's funeral. Six years of happiness was all god gave her.

"Its been an year since you have left me Louis and nothing has changed. Nothing." She cried " Am still working in the publishing house which now I hate, I still think of the days we were together which adds more and more pain. Every time I see a women happy with her love I wanna die and I still can't do anything when the kids say dada and I cry " she recollected herself and got ready hurriedly. she washed her face again and walked out their room. Closing the closest. She has not yet given away his clothes or things he used but keep them close to her.

She and her mother and Louis's parents walked through the grass towards his grave . " he would have turned 28 next month if he was here. Too young my son was" his father Tom Stevenson said sadly. The man who shot Louis during the raid night has been killed on the same night by the fellow cops .

She stayed longer while the others left. Laura found peace whenever she came here to the grave. "I wish I could lie here with you but only I can't leave the kids Louis." she said sitting beside his grave . She kept flowers every month coming and visiting. A slow breeze touched her hair.

She closed her eyes and memorized their every single moment together again. Every time he kissed, he hugged , he touched, how wonderful he made her feel. How happy they have been ever since they had met.But when she thought of it this time she didn't cry, yet feel a kind of happiness stirring inside. The memories made her going. She got up wiping her happy tears smiling, thinking of his beautiful eyes she said "You have never left me Louis. You still live inside me where nobody can see or feel but me. And that's enough for me to go on living " . She got up and drove slowly back home to her kids, to her life that was awaiting with a new light and new hope .