Chapter 1

"So long, old friends!" Tord called through the PA system of his greatest invention. He looked down at the control panel of his giant red robot with a twisted grin. World domination was finally within his grasp.

He stopped short as he heard the rubble below him shift. One of his former 'friends' stood up, tears in his eyes and a harpoon gun in his hands. Tord was too slow to react, and a large harpoon smashed through the back of the metal colossus, narrowly missing him.

The emergency lights started flashing, staining Tord's vision red. He was still trying to recover from the shock when he heard an ear-splitting cracking noise. He scrambled to grab the controls, but not before the robot burst into a shower of scrap metal.

--

The first thing Tord felt when he regained consciousness was pain. A burning, searing pain on the left side of his body. He squeezed his eyes tightly shut, willing the pain to disappear, but this did little to help.

He laid there for a moment, the smell of smoke and blood lingering in his nostrils. Blood? Why was there blood? He tried to sit up and open his eyes to find the source, yet he could not complete this action. The burning feeling intensified at the slightest movement.

For many moments, the only sound that Tord could hear was the sound of fires crackling around him and his own shallow breaths. Then, in the distance, he thought he could hear voices. He couldn't be sure if he was imagining it until he heard the crunching of feet against dry grass.

"...Should we take him?" The voice was distorted by Tord's loopy state of mind.

"...We can't just leave him here, can we?" said another.

"Well, he left us..."

Tord struggled to open his eyes and look upon the mystery voices. His blurry gaze fell upon two smudges of green and purple. Before his brain could process this, he felt a sharp impact with his head, knocking him cold again.

--

A/N: Sorry it's a short first chapter, but future chapters will be longer. Don't worry.

Also rip Tord.