Chapter 3

The hospital was incredibly boring. There was nothing to do. Every time Tord tried to get up and walk around, a boring nurse or a boring doctor would shoo him back into his stupidly boring hospital bed. They kept telling him he wasn't fully recovered, which pissed him off because he honestly felt fine and desperately wanted to leave this boring shithole.

Tord was now laying in his bed as he stared out a little window beside him. He could see the road outside, cars zooming by. He started counting all the red cars that passed. When that got tiresome, he switched to counting all the trucks.

Eventually he had switched from trucks to vans to bikes and finally to pedestrians. He was watching a young girl walk by, holding her mother's hand. He heard a knock behind him and turned his attention away.

The door opened to reveal the nurse from when he had first woken up. She gave a polite bow. Tord took a second to remember her name. He was pretty sure it began with an L.

"Hello, sir. You have some visitors today," she explained.

Tord wondered who had come to see him. Maybe it was his two dimwit soldiers...

The nurse turned and left the room, only for her to be replaced by a taller man with a purple hoodie.

"Matt?"

"Todd!"

Tord cringed slightly. "It's Tord."

The ginger turned and called out the door. "Tom, he's awake."

Suddenly, all of Tord's confidence shattered. He didn't want Tom to be anywhere near him in this state. He could already hear Tom's taunts and insults in his head. "Is Edd here?" he asked cautiously.

Matt glanced back at Tord. "No. He didn't want to see you. Tom only came because he doesn't trust you enough to let me come alone."

Tord noticed a suspicious glint in Matt's gaze for a moment. Obviously, you don't trust me, either, he thought. He couldn't really blame him after what he had done.

Matt looked Tord up and down. "I see that they used that spare arm we brought," he stated, pointing at the scarlet prosthetic. "That was Edd's idea. He said he wouldn't pay extra money to have an actual fake-arm-thing attached."

Tord sighed. "Makes sense, I guess..." he muttered.

Matt opened his mouth as if he were about to speak, but stopped short and shook his head. Consequently, he made an obvious attempt to change the topic. "Anyway, how are you feeling? You were in a pretty bad state when we brought you."

Tord shrugged and gazed out the window of his room, unsure how to describe how he felt. Physically, he felt fine. Emotionally, he felt a bit drained.

"I feel alright, I guess."

"That's great!" Matt gave him a small smile before walking over to the window to look out, or maybe at his reflection. It was hard to tell sometimes.

He let out a short sigh and glanced over at Tord, adjusting his green overcoat. Tord knew he was about to get serious.

"So Edd wanted me to ask if you had somewhere to... go stay after you get better?"

The pause in the middle of the sentence tipped Tord off to the fact that Matt was paraphrasing. Edd had probably used a bit more colorful language. This thought alone dampened Tord's spirits even more.

Tord thought back to his military base and Paul and Patryk. He probably wouldn't return to them immediately in this state. He needed a little time to recuperate. "Not really..."

Matt nodded, momentarily looking back out the window with an uncomfortable look on his face. "Alright, well I should probably go tell Edd you're okay," he said. He turned away from Tord and began walking to the door. He seemed to suddenly remember to wave and say goodbye because he stopped and did just that. Tord returned the gesture half-heartedly.

The door clicked into place and he heard the sounds of Tom and Matt conversing outside for a moment before it faded into silence.

Alone again.

______
A/N: I'M SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG. LIKE HALFWAY THROUGH THE CHAPTER I COULDN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO KEEP GOING BUT ITS HERE NOW

pleasedonthurtme
Itwonthappenagain