Chapter One.

(Dr. Nathaniel Ansel's P.O.V.  Blackwell hospital at 6:37 pm )

             "Sir, you can't come back here this is a restricted area. Only employees and patients are allowed back here," One nurse said firmly while pushing the stretcher that my son is lying on. 

"BUT HE IS ALL I HAVE LEFT!" I managed to choke out.

 "I understand, sir, but you still can't come back here, I'm sorry," The same nurse said.

 "We are gonna try our best to save him." A different nurse said. I fell onto my knees. They pushed my son into the emergency surgery room. I broke down. I feel numb. I didn't realize I was crying until I felt a tear fall onto my hand. I don't know what to do now. 

            I felt someone put their hand on my back. I slowly stood up and turned around. "I am so sorry," I quickly wrapped my arms around him when I realized who it was. 

"Thank you for coming," I said while burying my face into his shoulder. 

"I heard what happened and came as fast as I could," He said, hugging me tighter. "Have you called anyone to let them know?"

 I slowly let go of him and wiped the tears off my face. " No, I don't know who to call, Reid, I don't know what to do. I-I just want my son." Reid put his hand on my shoulder, " Nathan-, It's okay. Authur will be fine." He reassured, 

"I hope you're right." I said quietly. 

"Do you want to go get some food?" Reid asked.

 "Yeah- I guess."

 We walked back towards the waiting room and to the main entrance of the hospital. Once we got to the parking lot, I followed him to his car. After he unlocked the doors I opened the passenger seat door and got in. The car ride was silent. Which I'm thankful for because I don't feel like talking right now.  He pulled into the parking lot of In-N-Out Burger. We went through the drive thru and ordered our food. After we paid and got our food, we went back to the hospital and ate our burgers. 

*SIX HOURS LATER AT THE HOSPITAL. MIDNIGHT*

                  I felt something push my shoulder. "Nathan," I heard Reid say. I woke up and looked over at Reid.  He pointed at the nurse at the door. 

"Mr. Ansel?" She said.

 "Yes?" I said. I stood up and walked over to the nurse. 

"We need to talk to you."She said with a solemn face. 

"Can he come too?" I asked while pointing to Reid. 

"I suppose so." She said.

 Reid walked over to us. The nurse led us through the hallway of rooms for patients. She stopped and turned to open a bigger door that led into another hallway. 

              She opened first door to the right and motioned for us to walk in first. A man, who I'm assuming is the doctor, is sitting in a dark brown office chair. He gestured for us to sit down.

"Thank you for bringing them, Marlene." The nurse, Marlene, nodded and closed the door. 

"Mr. Ansel and..." He looked at Reid. 

"Oh Airwood, Reid Airwood." He said shaking the doctor's hand.

 "Mr. Airwood. Did Marlene tell you why I called you back here?" Dr. Welson asked. 

" No... Where is my son?" My voice shook.

 "That's what I wanted to talk to you about. He's in ICU, he's asleep right now." Dr. Welson said grimly.

 "Is he okay?"I said trying not to cry. 

"He is on oxygen and an IV. We gave him some strong pain medications. It might take him a little while to wake up." He stated. 

"Can I see him?" 

Dr. Welson hesitated for a second but he slowly nodded. He stood up and opened the door and led us back to ICU. 

                   After a few minutes of walking, we finally made it to my son's room. Dr. Welson opened the door and closed it after we walked in. I slowly made my way over to him. The huge hospital bed made his body look so small and fragile. I pulled a chair over to his bed and sat down. I carefully grabbed his hand and held it in both of mine. Reid sat in the other chair and stared at the tile floor. The heart monitor was the only sound in the small room. I looked up at Author's face. His innocent little face is paler than normal. I started crying. Tears falling rapidly off my face onto the bed.

 " What am I gonna do, Reid, I-I can't lose him too," I said crying harder. 

My vision blurred by the endless amount of tears. "D...........addy?" I turned my head towards Author. He was blinking his eyes. I let go of his hand. "Reid, go find the doctor," I said quietly, hoping Aurthor wouldn't hear. Reid stood up and went out of the room, closing the door behind him. " Hey, baby boy," I said. I wiped my eyes with my shirt and looked up at him. He blinked a couple times before looking at me. "D-daddy?" He said almost inaudible. "Daddy's right here, baby," I said while rubbing his arm. "Where am I, daddy?" He looked around the room.  " We're in a hospital, baby," I said trying to sound as calm as possible. "Why?" He asked with a confused expression."Well umm..." I was interrupted by the door opening. Reid and Dr. Welson walked into the room and closed the door. "Reid!" Aurthor tried to say excitedly but his voice didn't allow him to. "Hey buddy," Reid said half smiling at him. "How long has he been awake?"Dr. Welson asked me. "About five minutes," I said looking at the clock above the bed. "Okay," He said while writing something on the papers attached to the clipboard he is holding. "Hey there, Aurthor. I'm Dr. Welson," Aurthor looked at him and barely smiled. "Hmm, I need to make sure every thing is okay. Can you sit up for me,  Aurthor?" He asked him smiling at him. "I can try," Aurthor said timidly. As soon as he tried he laid back down quickly and winced. "Oww, daddy it hurts!" He cried. "I know it does baby," I said. "Can you do it with him laying down?" I said. I can't stand seeing my son in pain. "Maybe," Dr. Welson said. 

HEY, GUYS, I HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS STORY. I'M GONNA TRY TO DO UPDATES ON THIS STORY AND THE LONELY BOY. IM HOPING YOU GUYS WILL LIKE THIS STORY AS MUCH AS THE LONELY BOY I'VE WORKED HARD ON THIS STORY. I'VE HAD THIS IDEA FOR THIS STORY FOR A WHILE NOW AND I'M HAPPY THAT IT FINALLY EXIST. LOVE YOU GUYS.

LOVE, 

-M