12 ~ Why?

Amirah POV-

I was in doubt. I knew I should be running away, but it felt like I was glued to the ground under me. I couldn't move... It wasn't long until I realized that that wasn't because I was in shock, I really couldn't move!

I tried to break free from my invisible prison, but there was no way. Terrified, I looked over at the man on the deck of the ship, and saw him looking directly at me.

Sh#t! I thought. I started panicking. I tried to scream, but no sound left my mouth. How did he paralize me? He was like... 10 miles away!

I took a deep breath and tried to concentrate. Me and Peter had practiced this, right? I looked into the man's eyes, and saw him directly looking at me. I focused on him, trying to break the magic that kept me prisoned. It didn't work though. I was stuck.

I looked back to Peter, trying to warn him, but he didn't see me. He was too focused on the ship to see me behind the palm trees where I was standing. 

I had to get out of here.

Just at that moment, I saw Misha running up to Peter.

''Misha!'' I tried to scream, but again no words left my mouth. What was he doing? He should be far away from the beach, just like Peter had instructed him and the other lost boys.

Suddenly, I saw his eyes turn to me and I sighed in relief. At least someone had noticed me. He changed his direction and ran to me. ''Amirah! What are you doing here?! You must leave!'' He whispered. With all the strenght  I had, I managed to form two words with my lips.

''Can't. Move.''

He looked puzzled at first, but then it hit him. His mouth formed a big O.

''But what am I supposed to do? Call for Peter?'' He asked me, panicked. 

''N.O.!" Is all I could mimic to him. This was starting to get really annoying. 

Suddenly, Misha's face lits up. ''I could carry you!'' He smiles and starts tugging on my shirt. ''Wow, suddenly you weigh a ton! Where did you gain all this weight?'' He puffs. I roll my eyes at him, knowing that it must be Rumplestiltskin's spell. I look over at the ship and see him smirking, looking directly at me. ''Misha, s-stop.'' I murmur with great effort. If Rumple wants me, there's nothing that's going to stop him from taking me. I hate to admit it, but the only thing that can pretty much save me at this point, is Peter's magic. 

So much for the strong independent woman slogan. 

Unless... I try to concentrate. Misha just stares at me, unsure of what to do. I feel my power building up, and slowly but surely I can get my hands in front of me. Rumplestiltskin raises his eyebrows,  but doesn't expect anything from me. With as much power as I have in my system, I try to focus all my power on my hands. I feel shots of electricity burning my arms and hands, but I don't care. That is exactly what I want to happen.

With all the will power I have inside of me, I imagine Rumple being electrocuted by me, by my hands. I try to imagine me touching him, because I know that is the only way to activate my electricity shocks. 

And a true miracle happens. 

I electrocute the great Rumplestiltskin. 

He is so stunned from the shock he stops focusing on me for a moment. I see Peter turning around in surprise, but I had to move quick. I jump up and start running, running away from the beach. I don't look back, even though I know Misha and Peter are running behind me. I can hear their voices, screaming to me. 

Amirah, think quick. Rumple can pretty much reach you everywhere on the island... There is nowhere to hide. I'm not safe on pretty much any place on the island and I don't have a way to get off te island either. 

Unless...

An idea shots up in my head and I start running even faster, ignoring my burning muscles. Every breath feels like I'm breathing in sandpaper, but I don't pay attention to it. 

Finally, I come closer to the camp of the lost boys, but I run past it at full speed. I make my way to the cages, grab a key and...

Lock myself up, again. This time not to keep others safe, but to keep myself safe. 

This time not to break Peter's heart, but to save it. 

Hiya! :)

Finally, I'm back. It took me ages to find inspiration to continue writing this story, but I'm getting loads and loads of positive comments and votes and I just couldn't not continue.

I couldn't do that to you guys. Could I?

So here it is, and I intend to keep writing this time until I got this finished. Hopefully school will let me do that. 

I had a real struggle with this chapter, but I hope it turned out okay. Hopefully the next chapter will be uploaded somewhere next week. I'll try to set a posting day for myself, so that I have some kind of schedule. 

Hope you guys enjoyed! And happy to be back! :) 

Xx

Naomi