Say You'll Remember Me

Serenity's POV

Again.

And Again.

Again, faster this time.

Faster and harder.

I was punching this bag into hell. In fact, I'm not even sure why it was still attached to the roof.  I hit it again, and it flew off the hook. Finally. I would have to figure out what these new punching bags were made of, if I was going to kill them in under 10 seconds. Kill everything that's in your path. Hey, it's a warrior trait, what can I say.

I unstrapped my hands, and began walking to my bag. Pulling out my water bottle, I heard a soft sound behind me of the door opening. Somebody was in the room. I put my water down, and crouched lower to the ground to make myself more stable. Everyone knows not to come into the gym while I'm in there. Whoever was in here was going to pay, and big time.

I have to train hard. My entire life, I've been raised to be the protector of the Luna in this pack. That's my family's job. The girls protect the Luna, the boys the Alpha. As I was an only child (and an orphaned one at that), the job of protecting the Alpha had fallen to another family. But I still got to protect the Luna. Whoever she is. As our soon-to-be-Alpha hasn't met his mate yet, I'm kind of useless for now. 

Well, not so much. I'm still the best fighter anyone has seen in millennium.

I felt an air current change behind me, and within seconds I had my hand around the person's shirt, holding them in the air. I was about to punch the living daylights out of them, when I looked to see who it was, and why my arm was tingling. I looked into the dark blue eyes of my soon-to-be-alpha, Alex. The world's nicest dickhead, if you ask me. 

"What do you want, Alex?" I hissed, upset my peace was ruined by him, and that my arm was tingling. I dropped him, and took a step. Lifting my nose to the air, all I could scent was ozone and lightning. Home.

Mate.

This can't be happening. I can't be his mate, this isn't how it works. I am the protector of his mate, the Luna. I'm not the Luna. That's just not how it works! I'm not made to be a Luna!

I looked into his eyes, and I felt my heart do this funny fluttering thing. Am I getting sick? Alex's dark hair is spiking softly while he smiles sadly at me, his hands in his neatly pressed jeans. He's such a goody-goody. The total opposite of me. For the first time in my life, I begin to feel inferior.

"Well, I was coming in here to tell you Happy 16th Birthday," he's such a nice person. No one ever dose that anymore "but now I have to do something else to do." I looked at him curiously. I've never seen him look so cold, so heartless.

"What?" I snap, getting annoyed at the way he was acting. He takes a deep breath and looks at me in the eyes.

"I, Alex Coleman, reject you, Serenity –"here I cut him off. This was so NOT happening. My mate was supposed to love me. I may be a violent person, but I did believe in the love between mates, the lost dreams stuck in the darkest corner of my heart.

"Why?" I ask, my voice as cold as ice, the venom in it making him wince. He was scared. My wolf felt like crying and severely injuring him. And as I don't cry, injuring it would be.

I grab his arm, and throw him over my shoulder, smiling when he hits the wall, and hard. I stalk over to him and punch his head into the floor.

"Why?" I ground out again. He better have a dam good reason, or I'm leaving him and this crap. I may have been raised to fight, but I will refuse to do that for a person who rejects their mate, or anyone's mate, for that matter.