A Feeling That Was Never There

Happiness rained down on me as the days went along nicely. I was always greeted my Alex and my new mother, along with warmth,food,and shelter. Hell, they even cared every detail. Where I came from, how my scars got there, why i had run away, everything. It was so..loving. I was always overwhelmed by all this kindness I could never repay.
A month into this new home I was eventually prescribed glasses. What a wonder. It was as if I never needed them, I could see letter again. I could even see my brothers face in detail. His face was mire oval shaped and wasn't really that boney as I had thought. He did have beautiful emerald eyes I will say. Dark chestnut hair and a reassuring voice.

He did feel like a real brother to me.

Once i had gotten used to the new clarity, we went around the downtown area and visited all the small little shops. We even went out to eat, Alex usually ordering for me as my speaking and reading was very poor. Mother even mentioned about me going to the same school as Alex, luckily not the one before it all happened. I always we agreed to go yet always feared of what they might do to me as i had the education level of a third grader. I would technically be in eleventh grade by now, everything would be very difficult. But I always got by somehow. Maybe even Alex could be my teacher? Who knows.

I would eventually be enrolled in Alex's highschool and would have every class with Alex. Sometimes they'd take me out of that class, mostly reading and math, and do extra education stuff. It was weird and Boeing but I was forced. I would always go home extremely tired and exhausted, at least I looked way healthier in the means that I'm not as thin and my skin wasn't as pale and scarred. I will say that i did enjoy orchestra quite a bit. It was very fun and this could one day become my career. Who knows.