there are more

Mother brought more children today. One of them spoke to me. She said her name was Her. I would've spoken back, but...I can't. I was born mute.

I had decided to write in my journal about the new children. Maybe Mother would turn them into wendigos, too. She always said something about 'needing to win the war.' I don't really know why she's kidnapping random kids, though. They don't really want to be turned into wendigos and forced to fight. At least, I know I didn't.

But Mother made me a medic. Did she do that because I care about people? Or was it because my arm never grew back after she amputated it? It was probably the latter, but I'm still not sure.

One of the new chidren is my cellmate now. Mother said her name is Gia. We talked once - well, it was more like Gia asking me yes or no questions and me nodding or shaking my head - but that was it. Now we just sit in opposite corners of the cell and ignore each other.

Her talks to me a lot, though. Every day, actually. She doesn't treat me like I'm some...freak. She seems to understand that I might not be able to talk, but that doesn't mean I can't communicate. Sometimes, I almost wish she was my cellmate instead of Gia.